VPON VP-40 cards

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Maxxarcade

VPON VP-40 cards

Post by Maxxarcade »

I have a couple old VPON 16 channel DVR's. Each system has 4 cards with 4 inputs each. I believe they are called VP-40 cards, and are used in the VP-100 DVR and up.

Has anyone tried using these cards with ZM yet? I can't stand the software that came with the system. I even got a virus off one of them while trying to use the ActiveX based web interface.

Today I hope to boot up ZMLarch and do an lspci to see what it returns. I think last time I tried it, only one input was available due to bttv not detecting it properly.
Maxxarcade

Post by Maxxarcade »

lspci reports each card as 4 BT878 cards, so they seem to be nothing too proprietary. How can I figure out the optimal parameters for the bttv driver? I still have pretty minimal Linux knowledge when it comes to editing files :)
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

Maxxarcade wrote:lspci reports each card as 4 BT878 cards, so they seem to be nothing too proprietary. How can I figure out the optimal parameters for the bttv driver? I still have pretty minimal Linux knowledge when it comes to editing files :)
Trial and error is your only bet, unless a Google search pops something up.
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net