PV 183 16 channel showing same video in both channels

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
giloosh

PV 183 16 channel showing same video in both channels

Post by giloosh »

I just bought a PV 183 16 channel video capture card from bluecherry. In zoneminder when adding monitors using video0 channel 0 and video0 channel 1, both channels display the same video.
First I added the first monitor as /dev/video0 channel 0 and the video displayed as a blue screen. Then I added the second monitor as /dev/video0 channel1 and it display the video. Then when I went to view the first monitor it wasn't a blue screen anymore, but it displayed the same video as the second monitor.
This happens for video0 to video7.
I tried adjusting my modprobe.conf file like shown on this link with no help:
https://secure.bluecherry.net/support/i ... rticleid=8

Could anyone please help?
bristoldave

Post by bristoldave »

Depends on what version you're running, but have you tried disabling V4L_MULTI_BUFFER as detailed here?

Worked for me :)
giloosh

Post by giloosh »

Thanks,
I think that helped, but not 100% sure yet until I mess around some more.
Should I also change CAPTURES_PER_FRAME from 1 to 2?
What does that do anyway?
bristoldave

Post by bristoldave »

I think CAPTURES_PER_FRAME is supposed to avoid interlacing at higher resolutions?
giloosh

Post by giloosh »

Thanks bristoldave, unchecking V4L_MULTI_BUFFER did the trick. I also changed CAPTURES_PER_FRAME from 1 to 2 for the heck of it. I have 16 cameras going at 320x240 set at max 5 fps. They are actually showing up as 2.5-3.5 fps though.
giloosh

Post by giloosh »

It works fine at 320x240 like mentioned in my previous post, however when setting the channels to 640x480 the video plays with lines going through it and it periodically jumps between the picture periodically jumps between different camera views. What could be the problem on this one?