Any good ebay hardware sucess stories?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
rangerbob

Any good ebay hardware sucess stories?

Post by rangerbob »

There are so many Possible good working ZM compatible cams on there but they don't seem to know anything. It would be nice if the community hounded diffrent ebay sellers (in china) if it works with zoneminder. After 10 or so requests I am sure they will be mentioning the things we need to hear.

Like what is the chipset or can it stream so many frames using this script ..

Anyone recently in the last year or so bought something that works or heck works some what.

We all want to save some dough .. its cheaper to replace a chepo cam then it is something almost 4 times the amount. .

Problem is its expensive if you invest $200-300 and find the cam does not work
rangerbob

we are in luck

Post by rangerbob »

After messaging numerious people I have sparked the intrest of someone in China who sells on ebay!

name : apexauczone

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0334961341

"
Intersting piece of software. I will take a look into that and see if it works. On the other hand, if you have this ZoneMinder setup in your computer. I can help to setup a testing camera of this exact model for you to test, and that will help to get the answer faster.

You will need to let me know your email, so that I can write back to you when the camera is up for testing.

Cheers,
Mike
"

So if anyone is more familuar with zoneminder (I'm a newbie) can accept a feed from one of his cameras through the internet and tell us if it works how many frames you get and all that would be really cool!!

Some one please jump on this it can or could be a really decent priced PTZ wifi camera

i will help out too i will start my load in the next day or so!
coke

Post by coke »

Ebay purchases really depend on your application. If you have time and money to kill trying to find out if something works with ZM, if the shipped hardware (if you actually get it) even works in general, take the plunge.

You'll save yourself and the forums a lot of grief if you use someone knowledgeable, such as bluecherry.net. They know what works, what doesn't work, and have excellent service. Also a variety of options from cheap to expensive.

Maybe there's a cheaper IP cam, maybe your application could be cheaper with an analog capture card & analog cameras run over cat5, or maybe your budget hopes on the project aren't possible. Reputable vendors can answer these questions, usually rapidly.

If you can avoid it, don't shop solely on price, you'll regret it later when you're posting pictures of a card you've gotten on ebay and wondering if anyone can identify it and explain how, if possible, to make it work.