Geovision GV800

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Berlic

Post by Berlic »

Yes. Thanks again.

Help for ZM_V4L_MULTI_BUFFER:
Performance when using Video 4 Linux devices is usually best if multiple buffers are used allowing the next image to be captured while the previous one is being processed. If you have multiple devices on a card sharing one input that requires switching then this approach can sometimes cause frames from one source to be mixed up with frames from another. Switching this option off prevents multi buffering resulting in slower but more stable image capture. This option is ignored for non-local cameras or if only one input is present on a capture chip. This option addresses a similar problem to the ZM_CAPTURES_PER_FRAME option and you should normally change the value of only one of the options at a time.
scarrz

Re: Geovision GV800

Post by scarrz »

I know this is an old post but reading through this I just want to confirm that folks who do have the GV-800 working with Zoneminder are getting all channels and smooth video? There was some discrepancy and before I pull the trigger on purchasing one I wanted to confirm. Thanks.
CoYoTe

Post by CoYoTe »

Yep GV 800 works with last v4l2 driver. The only "detail" is the commented here, v4l multibuffer disabled or (in new zm version) 2 captures per frame, does the trick "settling down" the images.

You loose performance but gains stability, and it depends of your camera types and quantity. The lesser channels you use, the more FPS you reach.

Gretz
Alejandro
Alejandro
scarrz

Post by scarrz »

Thanks, CoYoTe, this is good news. I'm currently using the windows software but its not nearly as friendly as the geovision for remote viewing.
CoYoTe wrote:Yep GV 800 works with last v4l2 driver. The only "detail" is the commented here, v4l multibuffer disabled or (in new zm version) 2 captures per frame, does the trick "settling down" the images.

You loose performance but gains stability, and it depends of your camera types and quantity. The lesser channels you use, the more FPS you reach.

Gretz
Alejandro
scarrz

Post by scarrz »

Again old post but I'm just now getting around to trying out my GV800 16 channel with Ubuntu 10.10. It appears to recognize the card but I cant seem to get any video. Can someone give me some guidance on what settings you use ex. Capture Method Linux vers 1 or vers 2? Device format, Capture palette, capture width, height, etc?? I'm a total loss and there is not much info or tutorials on getting this to work. Thanks in advance.
kainos

Post by kainos »

Hello Neppon,

I read all your post on Setting up GV-800(s) on Zoneminder, Great Work!!!.

I have same PCI DVR card (GV-800(s) ), i follow all your instructions and get same output from all commads you used, but when i try to view or monitor my camera all i see is blue screen. I have been trying this for 3 day and no good result. I am using Ubuntu 11.10 on Intel processor(3.0ghz) and 2GB Ram, 1TB Hdd. I am running Zoneminder-1.2.24.4

I will appreciate any responds,

Thanks.