Axis PTZ problem (FIXED)

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
akgooseman

Axis PTZ problem (FIXED)

Post by akgooseman »

Hi,
I installed an Axis 232 camera with integrated PTZ. Video works great, but PTZ does not. I've enabled ZM_OPT_CONTROL in the Options menu. "Controllable" is checked with type set to "Axis API v2". Control Device and Control Address are/have been set to all combinations of IP address and FQDN of the camera. AxisV2.pm is installed.

The control screen for the camera comes up with the all the options I'd expect, but they don't respond when pressed.

The /tmp/zmcontrol.log file has lines like "zmcontrol[11189].ERR [Error check failed: '500 Can't connect to :80 (Bad hostname '')']". Am I missing a setting somewhere? Some other problem? I'm running a brand new install of ZM1.23.3.

Thanks for any insights you may have,
Paul
Last edited by akgooseman on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
akgooseman

Working now

Post by akgooseman »

I reinstalled CentOS 5.2 and ZM from scratch, added cameras as before and PTZ now works. I've no idea why, but it does. Perhaps I'll try to recreate my previous config and see what breaks PTZ.
nivlek

Re: Working now

Post by nivlek »

akgooseman wrote:I reinstalled CentOS 5.2 and ZM from scratch, added cameras as before and PTZ now works. I've no idea why, but it does. Perhaps I'll try to recreate my previous config and see what breaks PTZ.
I would be very interested to know if you found out what breaks PTZ