Zoneminder and Trendnet TV-IP110

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
cam_

Post by cam_ »

I recently bought a "7Links Wireless MJPEG Network IP CAM" which is very likely identical to the Micronet / Trendnet (same shape, same results in querying cgi with non-conform http-header und additional 28 bytes "payload" in front of JPEG-header).
I'm interested in getting the modified zm_remote_camera.cpp (diffs ??) to get my trendnet-clone working with zoneminder. Is it available to the public?

Thanks in advance!!

cam_
valid

Post by valid »

Andi wrote:pen1010b,
Using that link direct in a browser I do get a picture, however, through ZM I just get an image placeholder.
I'm in the same boat. I can see the image fine when directly visiting the page, but ZM doesn't seem to like it.
eddiex

Post by eddiex »

Have any1 got a solution for the trendnet into the ZoneMinder???

The URL for the cam is
http://<ip>/image.jpg

But I can't get it showing... (the monitor is black)

ANy good ideas??
jonathanknez

Post by jonathanknez »

This may be old news but I was able to get my IP110W camera working with zoneminder.

Use the settings described on the zoneminder wiki:
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Trendnet

I just bought the camera and immediately updated the firmware to "1.1.0 build: 93".

The settings that finally worked for me were:

Remote Protocol: HTTP
Remote Method: Simple
Remote Host Name: <username>:<password>@x.x.x.x
Remote host Port: 80
Remote Host Path: /cgi/mjpg/mjpg.cgi
Remote Image Colors: 24 bit color
Capture Width: 640
Capture Height: 480

Currently I do not have the camera configured to require authentication to view the video stream. Specifying your admin username and password works just fine even without that option turned on. I will require authentication in the future so hopefully that works too.

I did not do any recompiling of Zoneminder or anything. I just installed the package out of the KUbuntu package manager and away I went.
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

I used that path, but I found that the cameras would go off line in a random manner after just
a few hours of operation. Now I am using this path:
/cgi/jpg/image.cgi
It is slower as it is just sending the image files, but the cameras will now go for several days
before I see one go down.

When they go down they just stop sending video, I know it is the camera because I can
go into the camera with a browser and I get no video, if I go to the tools page and reboot
the thing, then I get the video back. There is some sort of issue somewhere with the video
and I suspect that the following path:
Remote Host Path: /cgi/mjpg/mjpg.cgi
Just goes down faster because it is sending at a much higher frame rate so I get to the
scene of the problem faster.

I have 7 of these cameras running and I see it on at least one a day after about a week or
so of operation, the quick fix is just to reboot the whole thing, All of them are powered
rom a single UPS so it would not be too hard to do so, it is just a irritation that it has to
be done.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
ZM demo www.wchast.com/zm
viciguy

IP 110 working well at 25FPS on LAN, 10 on wifi

Post by viciguy »

Just wanted to let you guys know what I found works with the IP 110 and what I found does not.

On a LAN line, the IP 110 with the configuration covered under:
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Trendnet
works well with the latest version as of this writing - 1.24.2 without any modifications within ZoneMinder's code.

There are a few sensitive points with regards to the IP 110 that may be confusing on proper configuration.

1. If you visit the interface of the IP 110 directly after you have configured it for ZoneMinder, you may find that ZM will not synch back to the same FPS after that. The IP 110 for some reason, does not establish the same FPS if you visit the web server on it directly once it has established connectivity to ZoneMinder and slows down sometimes to 5 FPS or 15 depending on if it is on the LAN port of wifi port.

2. I am assuming that the processor of the IP 110 or some limitation on it limits the bandwidth generally down to 15FPS when on WIFI when working with ZoneMinder through the <host>/cgi/mjpg/mjpg.cgi url.

I have tried all sorts of different configurations and found that the best results, when not using wifi are:

Reboot the IP 110 after you have set up the configuration properly.
Setup ZoneMinder with the appropriate configuration for the IP 110 from the above URL. With LAN port in use - expect 25 FPS. With wifi, I have gotten it up to 15FPS at best at 640x480.

If you have a poor image, I have found this is mostly due to the image settings within the IP 110 under picture settings - outdoor/indoor settings and of course, adjusting your zoom.

This has been tested on CentOS 5.3 - source installation as well as Fedora 11 RPM install. Furthermore, the Firmware which I have used, the latest at the time of writing - FW_TV-IP110W(1.1.0.93)_r170

The links from the Trendnet site for the firmware can be confusing, so verify you have exactly that firmware version, otherwise you will get an error for incompatibly or don't have the right one.

These OS's above mentioned were running within a VPS's on Proxmox 1.5 - a virtual host system.

ZoneMinder is just F'N Awesome!!!!
Viciguy
<a>323help.com</a>