Camera works for a minute and goes dark

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Kushnirenko

Camera works for a minute and goes dark

Post by Kushnirenko »

I have a problem with one simple indoor CCTV camera. When you turn 12 V on it works for about a minute, after that it becomes darker and darker and goes completely black. Wiring seems to be fine. Any idea where to look?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Have you checked for grounding or voltage leak issues. I have a camera at the moment that works when I power cycle the video amp but then inevitably packs up a short while later. I suspect a grounding problem though I suppose it could be heat.
Phil
Kushnirenko

Post by Kushnirenko »

zoneminder wrote:Have you checked for grounding or voltage leak issues. I have a camera at the moment that works when I power cycle the video amp but then inevitably packs up a short while later. I suspect a grounding problem though I suppose it could be heat.
Indeed it turned out to be bad capacitor. Camera was running 1A of current which is 10 times higher than normal. Works fine now. Thanks.