Need a KNOWN GOOD hardware recommendation

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
phrak9

Need a KNOWN GOOD hardware recommendation

Post by phrak9 »

I have been battling with a x86-64 system that continues to have problems. I have an older 32 bit system that has no problems whatsoever. The system is being rigged with 8-9 cams. I would appreciate some input on some proven available hardware that I can rely on. :)
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

I have built a few with the Gigabyte P35 based motherboards. Essentially any inter chipset should work with any capture card out there. Other chipsets occasionally have issues with some cards. You may want to try your existing hardware with the capture card in another slot. Disabling all unused items and resetting ECSD can also help.

Or, if you want, I can build you one with ZM installed and configured. It will be on a cost + basis to cover my time and a donation to ZM. Obviously you have to decide if shipping from Houston is worth it, as you have no location in your profile.
ammaross

Post by ammaross »

Gigabyte mobos, from past experience, can be very particular about their RAM, so make sure you stick exactly to their HCL for memory.
robi

Post by robi »

ammaross wrote:Gigabyte mobos, from past experience, can be very particular about their RAM, so make sure you stick exactly to their HCL for memory.
However Gigabyte mobos are _very_ reliable and long-life products. I state that based on my personal experience. Several Gigabyte generations...
v1.25.0 + Ubuntu Linux 12.04 Server
ammaross

Post by ammaross »

Yes, I try to use Gigabyte exclusively because of that. To maintain their reliability, they are very strict on their RAM support and it is advisable to strictly adhere to their HCL.