Canon ip camera????

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Fabbbio

Canon ip camera????

Post by Fabbbio »

Someone now if the canon ip camera are a good chice ..is it a good camera for zoneminder?
MJN

Post by MJN »

I've got two BL-C1's.

Good image quality, decent low-light performance, reliable, compact size, discreet design and cheap!

Top marks in my book!

The Axis range of cameras seem to get nothing but absolutely glowing reviews so you might wish to check them out also. They are in a different price bracket which may or may not matter to you. For me I'd find it very difficult to justify the additional expense but then each person's priorities and requirements are different.

Note that all IP cameras have drawbacks such as reduced frame rate (I run mine at 3fps which is adequate for my needs) and increased CPU load (for what it's worth my 1GHz PIII runs 2 IP cameras and a USB-connected Philips cam with ease in addition to a web and mail server without any problems though).

Mathew

P.S. I read a personal review somewhere that the image quality from the BL-C1/C20 was significantly better than the BL-C10/30 (PTZ varieties) so my comments may well only be appropriate to the C1 (possibly the C20 too but as this is a wireless version of the C1 it is sure to have differing network-related characteristics).

P.P.S. My 'avatar' may suggest I'm some sort of C1 worshipper but this is not the case! The image was chosen when I first joined merely as an appropriate image that I had to hand. I'd like to think I'm quite level headed and balanced when it comes to voicing opinion and making recommendations!
Fabbbio

Post by Fabbbio »

Thanks very much