Hauppauge ImpactVCB 00558 - Only works afer VLC access?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
nxc

Hauppauge ImpactVCB 00558 - Only works afer VLC access?

Post by nxc »

Hi all,

I have a hauppauge ImpactVCB card, 3 port. When I reboot/start zoneminder the card will not start up with the following error being written to the log file:
"ERR [Shared data not initialised by capture daemon for monitor Front-Entrance-Analogue]"
I have checked the share memory defaults on the system and they appear sufficient. I have 5 other HD streaming cameras that are working just fine. The odd thing is that the analogue card starts working fine with zoneminder if if ssh in as a non-privileged user "ssh -X" and run
"vlc -v v4l2:///dev/video0:standard=PAL:live-caching=300:interface=qt4"
I assume there is a permission error or some setting which vlc does which I need to add to the modprobe command or zoneminder. I have no idea what vlc does that get the camera to work. The www-data user is a member of the video group.

Any pointers appreciated.
nxc

Re: Hauppauge ImpactVCB 00558 - Only works afer VLC access?

Post by nxc »

Ooops sorry its the ImpactVCB-e version. The 3 port is in another machine :) Still same problem.