Wirepath WPS-750 Install

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
OangeLoon

Wirepath WPS-750 Install

Post by OangeLoon »

Hi - New nubie to Zoneminder and IP Cameras in General

I have a Wirepath WPS-750 IP camera that I am trying to put on ZoneMinder. When I configure the camera in ZoneMinder and try to view the camera I have a pretty blue screen where the streaming image should be. My setup steps were: Add New Monitor >> Gave it a name and set Source Type to remote. On the Source tab Remote Protocol is set to HTTP and the Remote Method to Simple. I entered my username;password@ipaddress in the Remote Host Name and the port address in the Remote Host Port. Remote Host Path was left blank. Set up the capture width and height to the default stream 1920x1080.

Looking at the logs I see multiple lines of: Unrecognised content type 'text/html' and “Unable to get response, disconnecting.”
I can log into the camera's UI, and have assign it a static IP, and a new username/password. I believe the issue is that the camera has a viewing windows with buttons, setting, etc. , and I assume I just need the streaming image only. All the extra is giving ZoneMinder a headache.

I cannot find in the configuration, user manual, or using the ancient art of “searching google” how to set the camera to default to streaming the image.

I believe this is really a case of me not knowing what to set/ask.

Looking for hints please.

GSN
Baylink

Re: Wirepath WPS-750 Install

Post by Baylink »

You wrote "username;password@IP".

The actual syntax is "username:password@IP". Could that be your problem?
OangeLoon

Post by OangeLoon »

Thanks for the reply. The semi-colon vs. colon was one of many issues.
Bottom line: use RTSP protocol with a remote method of RTP/RTSP instead of HTML protocol as a start point. Learn from there.

It's a classic issue of nubie-itice - not reading enough before posting.
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

No, as a documentation guy, I'd say we need to work more on our documentation, and the roadmap leading new users to it. :-)

I wonder if my wiki account is still active.

That said: Also: Always use FFMPEG mode unless you can't.