Download Page

This is the place for any problems or issues with the website in general or the new forums in particular.
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

It is his home system on DSL, so it could be down. I have zoneminder_1.23.3-2_i386.deb if you need it. PM me with your e-mail. It is a meg.
SS

Post by SS »

cordel wrote:www.ctu-web.com
i downloaded & instaled ross version of zone minder, but i can't do anything because i don't know root pasword default. I disabled guest acount, i created a user and a password for hi, i named root asa my name and i give'it a password, but not luck...it seem whenever i try to do something i need to enter root password, but password i decided seem to not working. I can end sesion and loging to kde sesion with my user and password, but...that's all
Sugestions ?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

the default live cd root psw is qwerty
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
SS

Post by SS »

jameswilson wrote:the default live cd root psw is qwerty
Thanks wilson..
I thik i am stupid...root pasword is writen in hello page of zone minder...
But big problem (it realy shames me) i can not start zone minder, i don't know a way . I instaled 2-3 times.., Allways after last reboot it give me posibility to login, i login with succes, but no zone minder screen, only firefox with 3 tabs for zone minder , pages and manual - you know what i am speaking. No zone minder...:( . I tried to start a konsole and i typed sudo zm service start but i give something i am not in sudoers list and i wil be reported :P... i tried login as root, and it worked but not even here i canot see a link or something to realy start zone minder, to see the windows with monitor add and other stuff... I am vey disapointed for now...2-3 day i alocated for this project but just don't work or i am realy stupid guy. Plus, xawtv see my camera (is only one for moment) but is a breezy image, can not watch nothing. I have an clasic lw104 d card capture and one dome camera... is a very simple video watch sistem. in windows is working ok...but in linux is a pain . Why is not direct link in menus for zone minder if this distribution is dedicated for zone minder ?
Pls help me!
I read the rulls... Version is zoneminder live cd 1.22.2 . Maybe an operator eventualy move to the corespondent section.
Every seems to instaled ok, except small problem at disk partitioner, where is somehow litle complex because is telling me that partition have files .i past this step. At user & logon i deleted guest, i change (and write) root password, i create a new user (me) and ai activate logging (is there an another option to deactivate loging - but i don't touch. Afther that is rebooted fine, and is came to logon screen. i enter my user & pass, is loging me & is came to the firefox browser with three tabs about zone minder related. I can play with distribution, i have acces to menus ad anything else but i can see how to realy start zone minder % in xawwtv i have no ideea how to make to obtain some real images seems like is a very big frequency , is moving very fast up.
Another mention is , even when boot with live cd i don;t see the zone minder aplication (or i am very very stupid and blind).
Thx in advance.. Maybe some day (not to long) wil e working and for me...
(pls forgive me if my english is not to good, hopefuly you understabd what i mean ;)