ZM Web site is getting spammed

This is the place for any problems or issues with the website in general or the new forums in particular.
m1ke

ZM Web site is getting spammed

Post by m1ke »

Just noticed in the RecentChanges section of the wiki that the http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/ZM4MS artical now contains links to dodgy pill sites & the like.
Also in the main documentaion there is link under Defining Zones to some odd junk website. These sites could well contain malware...

Just thought I'd make people aware so this can be stopped.

Cheers.
Flasheart

Re: ZM Web site is getting spammed

Post by Flasheart »

Wow, that's annoying. From the edit history there has been several different bots adding spamlinks for a good couple of months.

I've reinstated James' last edit from 2006 - anyone can do this by undoing later edits, or cut and pasting content from an untouched one. I don't know if this is the only article affected.
rknobbe

Post by rknobbe »

There is still a lot of link spamming hitting the Wiki. I've been trying to undo or blank out as I can keep up, but this would be a lot easier if the MediaWiki install had some of the blacklist/Delete and anti-spam modules installed.

Who administers the wiki?
scotts777

Post by scotts777 »

On the flip side, I've been trying to post a guide to setting up a new Zoneminder/Ubuntu 12.04 server and my guide is so full of links it wouldn't let me post it. I spent about an hour writing it all out and formatting it nicely into Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc, and then about another half hour butchering it trying to remove enough links to allow it to be posted, and finally I gave up.

Link spam sucks, but there needs to be a way a legit user like myself can post useful info that includes links.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Sorry I have been a bit busy.

I have started banning the users that have been spamming the wiki.
I will see what I can do about cleaning it up over the next few weeks.

So this should slow down now.
Flasheart

Post by Flasheart »

Another forum spambot attack overnight.

Fortunately since the last time cordel has increased my admin rights and I now have the "delete all posts by user" which speeded up cleaning hugely.

Following accounts have been banned, each created in Sept '12

amattnagen

acekrysiamania

seywinnopedcop
heroldssalads

Post by heroldssalads »

and to top it off the spam trap forum gets sent out via rss feed... you need to remove that forum from the rss feeds