Commercial Use

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
xomegax

Commercial Use

Post by xomegax »

Hello and sorry for eventually posting this in the wrong section, but i've not found a more suitable section.

My question:

What do I have to do if I want to sell zm installations to my customers?

I've read the license at https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmNinj ... er/LICENSE
but i don't really understand the text (i am german).
Is it right that i NOT have to buy a license if i don't recommend my customers to install desktop apps?

If i have to buy a license, then one per customer or one that allow me to use zm for all customers?
And which licenses exactly are those that i/customers have to buy?

Thanks in advance
Alex
Magic919

Re: Commercial Use

Post by Magic919 »

That link is for ZMNinja and nothing to do with using ZoneMinder (this forum). Which product did you mean?
-
xomegax

Post by xomegax »

I mean Zoneminder itself.
zmNinja should be intalled by customers Mobile phones so i think its legal because they have to pay for it.
And eventually if they want it then they can install the desktop app what is certain to happen.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

You can use zoneminder for commercial use. If you sell it to someone you have to provide them with the source (or link back here if you haven't made any changes).

We do ask that you use it ethically, but there are no license provisions for that.

If you find ZoneMinder useful and especially if profitable I might suggest that it is in your best interests to contribute funding for further development.
xomegax

Post by xomegax »

Thank you for your answer.

I am not planning to sell the software, but rather to offer customers the installation and setup.

Of course i will contribute my donation to the development