Looking for the right camera

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
maxlinux2000

Looking for the right camera

Post by maxlinux2000 »

Hi all
I'm looking for an ethernet ip camera with rtsp protocol that records 1080p to at least 24fs in color of the best possible picture quality for indoor.
It is used during the day and not as a surveillance.
I'm going to use it to record events using ffmpg en linux (armbian), and then upload the video file on YouTube.

Our association has little money, so it would be appreciated that it is as cheap as possible :)

I have seen camera modules in aliepress but I do not know which one to choose.

I have tried one, but it has been an odyssey to find the url to burn by rtsp on linux, and also only at 420p.
As the camera is not security, I'm not interested in having a password or security encryption. What you need is something like a usb webcam, but by ethernet, since there is 20mt of distance between the computer and the camera.

Any advice is welcome
Thank you
MaX
Baylink

Re: Looking for the right camera

Post by Baylink »

We're using TrendNet (Hikvision) IP-314PIs. They go up to 4k, but I'm running them at 720p for bandwidth and disk space reasons, and even at 720p, they're spectacular. Great colors, great greyscale; they don't oversharpen, and we haven't had a camera lock up 24/7 for 3 years, running them PoE off a high end NetGear. They were about $130 at Amazon, but they're cheaper now... though I'm not sure they're exactly they same camera.

[ looks ]

They're not. Ours are 1.0 or 1.1; the new ones are cheaper, and 2.0; different physical design. They *may* not be Hikvision cameras either.