Zmview or zmNinja?

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
stuffedmonkey

Zmview or zmNinja?

Post by stuffedmonkey »

So I've got my new zoneminder server set up again and working very nice.
But, which app for surveillance should I choose?
Last year I tried Zm View and that was ok, but back then l didn't use any of the features, it was only for having a peek now and then.

So which one is more bang for the buck?
zmNinja and zmview pro+monitor alert is about the same price so nothing to separate them with there.

Any tips and inputs is very welcome .
asker

Re: Zmview or zmNinja?

Post by asker »

You should look at the mobile forum - there are posts about the apps by different users. (I'm the author of zmNinja)
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
stuffedmonkey

Post by stuffedmonkey »

asker wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:51 pm You should look at the mobile forum - there are posts about the apps by different users. (I'm the author of zmNinja)
Ah thanks for the tip. I actually went and gave zmNinja a try. So far I think it's a really nice app.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I use both. zmNinja is really good overall and ZM View is great for the quick look and is slightly smaller in storage. I use the ZM View free version for the quick view but zmNinja is definitely worth the price....