A Onvif 360 degree camera can work with ZM?

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
effe

A Onvif 360 degree camera can work with ZM?

Post by effe »

Since this kind of camera are now cheap, could be a good solution for spaces where you need 2 or more cameras to catch all the area and I'm thinking on buying one.
Problem is I can't find any clue in how will it work on a Zoneminder setup.
I mean, the video will be de-warped or I will see just the round view (fisheye)?

Thanks.

F.
effe

Re: A Onvif 360 degree camera can work with ZM?

Post by effe »

Since no one seems to care about this kind of cameras I reply myself: ZoneMinder is unable to de-warp fisheye cameras and can just show the spherical view.
What a pity! Time to look elsewhere.
darmach

Post by darmach »

Have you found some? How about Shi nobi?

(Apparently Shi nobi without space between Shi and nobi is being replaced by the forum engine as yahoo. That is really low.)
mikb

Post by mikb »

.. it's probably because the forum is for Zoneminder and support.

In the past certain posters have decided to abuse the forum by complaining how bad ZM is at everything they want it to do/imagine it should do, followed by spamming their favoured competitor product ...

That's what's low. I'm sure these superior products have their own support forums (if they need them, that is), so talk about them there :)
mikb

Post by mikb »

effe wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:47 pm ZoneMinder is unable to de-warp fisheye cameras and can just show the spherical view.
What a pity! Time to volunteer to write or sponsor someone to write a module to do this!
Fixed that for you ...
effe

Post by effe »

mikb wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:21 pm Fixed that for you ...
Did you have at least read the date of the first post in this thread?
I don't need to have it fixed, I simply paid for another software (Xeoma in my case) since ZM doesn't seems to care about users feedback.
darmach wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:59 pm Have you found some? How about Shi nobi?

(Apparently Shi nobi without space between Shi and nobi is being replaced by the forum engine as yahoo. That is really low.)
No, Shi Nobi is not an option if you are looking for free sofware, better stay with ZoneMinder.
Parshan

Post by Parshan »

mikb wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:21 pm Fixed that for you ...FM WhatsApp
Thank you for fixing it. Greatly appreciated your help. I had to switch to another software in those years because of that, but now i can switch back to ZM.
effe wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:50 pm
mikb wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:21 pm Fixed that for you ...
Did you have at least read the date of the first post in this thread?
I don't need to have it fixed, I simply paid for another software (Xeoma in my case) since ZM doesn't seems to care about users feedback.
:) Isn't it important that they fixed it? They must have some other priority works to do first. Simple.