Kerberos.io - A new competitor in the FOSS surveillance arena?

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
sypheXsquare

Kerberos.io - A new competitor in the FOSS surveillance arena?

Post by sypheXsquare »

Has anyone checked this project out yet? I'm skeptical of their camera hardware support.

https://kerberos.io/
iconnor

Re: Kerberos.io - A new competitor in the FOSS surveillance arena?

Post by iconnor »

Looks pretty nice. They reached out a while back. They seem nice, smart, doing a good job. I'm tempted to jump ship actually.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

The execution of their setup throws an error after installation is finished. (Windows version)

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

EpicThoughts wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:59 pm there are lots of new competitors. The newest's name is censored here to "yahoo" and website links get swapped so you can get a look at the app on YouTube.
Why do you think that is, Moe?
Could it be because you spin lies and half-truths about our project, as if that would get people to switch to yours?
Could it be because you send private messages to our users, claiming your project is ZoneMinder 2?
Could it be because you take every opportunity to trash the developers of this project?
Could it be because you troll our social media threads?

And why is it that you spend so much time in our forums instead of your own?
Could it be because the community prefers ours to yours?

Knock off the childish games, Moe.
If you want the respect of this community, you need to start acting like an adult.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Dear Moe, EpicThoughts, HZ, whatever you want to call yourself...

You are not welcome here, not because you have a competing product, but because you continually act like a 12 year old.
When we were children, we employed the tactics you currently employ. The thing is most of us grow out of it.

The simple fact of the matter is, despite what you say, you don't want ZoneMinder to be a better product. You want yourself to be in the spotlight, and you do that by tearing other projects and people down. This is, after all, about you and your ego. If you were really interested in making ZoneMinder better, you would have gotten involved directly with the project just like others have done.

This is plain to the average reader. We know this because they tell us.

And Moe, you are right about fact checking. Everything I said is based on actual facts reported by our own user base.
The reader does not have to take my word for it, though. Just google Moeiscool to find the product he develops and then go on see all the arguments he gets into when people call him out for his unethical behavior.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/