Slashdot

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
curtishall

Slashdot

Post by curtishall »

--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
mitch

Post by mitch »

Yep very nice although again some confusion over paid support i really think if possible outlining exactly what you get with paid support is a good idea. IE, you pay X, you can submit tickets to a system which allow us to track issues and securely transmit sensitive data. In addition there is phone support available for emergencies at a rate of Y. Support can help with everything from initial setup, to hardware acquisition, to management, maintenance, and troubleshooting of issues.
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

mitch wrote:Yep very nice although again some confusion over paid support i really think if possible outlining exactly what you get with paid support is a good idea. IE, you pay X, you can submit tickets to a system which allow us to track issues and securely transmit sensitive data. In addition there is phone support available for emergencies at a rate of Y. Support can help with everything from initial setup, to hardware acquisition, to management, maintenance, and troubleshooting of issues.
I agree. I've posted some of these ideas before in the moderators forum. A global ticket system would would be very useful for paid support. While I doubt there would be enough income generated to keep full time people employed several part time people can keep notes and see statuses of tickets. I'm up for discussion with Phil, cordel and you about setting this up.
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

The slashdot story brought me back. I was in discussions juts last month with someone over paid support, and they required an SLA. I could not easily meet it by my self. However, several of us could... If we want to actually take paid support to the next level, I can help. I even have access to a 24/7 call center that I could use part of for this. (We use them now for our own customer support)

Of course, I have been out of the zoneminder loop for a while, so feel free to tell me to do anatomically improbable things. :D But I think there is an opportunity here to get a serious bump. With the economy slow, cheaper solutions have a LOT more mindshare than they did a year ago.
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

Lee Sharp wrote:The slashdot story brought me back. I was in discussions juts last month with someone over paid support, and they required an SLA. I could not easily meet it by my self. However, several of us could... If we want to actually take paid support to the next level, I can help. I even have access to a 24/7 call center that I could use part of for this. (We use them now for our own customer support)

Of course, I have been out of the zoneminder loop for a while, so feel free to tell me to do anatomically improbable things. :D But I think there is an opportunity here to get a serious bump. With the economy slow, cheaper solutions have a LOT more mindshare than they did a year ago.
I think Phil should let us know what he wants to do and then setup a phone conference from there to decide how to setup support.
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net