MZK-W04NU

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
rangerbob

MZK-W04NU

Post by rangerbob »

MZK-W04NU is a router that with something like openwrt can run some cheap usb cams. I am very intrested in where I can get one.

I am a big fan of openwrt and the wrt54gs routers and have many of them and wish for a usb port.

I have knoticed the few posts on this router and attempts to reach the manufactors seem to go no where. If anyone knows of any of these routers or simular (othere then the ausus) I am intrested to buy or know more.

It would be pretty cool to possibly (i dunno if it works) run a usb hub and 2-3 cams from a remote location communicated with the Zoneminder
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

I have one sitting in front of me. At the moment I don't have time to put as much into Zoneminder as my hotspot system. If you want this modified one that has about every module under the sun and webcam support just pm me.

I've actually got another one that in my opion is better in ways. The WL500W ASUS router. It's cpu is not as fast as the other one but it can take the standard 8.09 build.

You can actually run a hotspot in a box with these routers also, that's another story in itself.

Look at all my posts and you'll track down all my work. I also have a very rare ASUS Deluxe router that can run Openwrt or a FULL INSTALL OF DEBIAN, yes debian etch running from a memory stick or hdd on the router with all the mispel support.
rangerbob

Just recieved a responce from planex.net

Post by rangerbob »

Since Amazone and ecost seem out of stock. I sent them anouther email asking when the new version will be available. And that I love a router that works with tomato or openwrt..

I also mention that they might be the only router company that might of just got it when it comes to understanding that the firmware should be developed by the community and they should concentrate on making cheap hardware for us to buy up.

here is the latest respoce from them!

"Good day!

We recently received your email regarding your inquiry. The router MZK-WO4NU can only be bought at Amazon.com and eCost.com (USA).

However, we regret to inform you that we ran out of stock for this specific item and is under production.

Thank you for choosing Planex Communications Inc.
We appreciate yor business and we look forward to serving you in the future."

These routers are great for all sorts of things like USB cameras. One of the fffew things I do like is it has more processor power. When we run asterisk from a asus or a wrt54gs it just does not have enough gusto to handle higher codecs. Maybe this one will.. :o