Linux mplayer

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
Sad

Linux mplayer

Post by Sad »

Hello.

First of all, congratulation for this very nice piece of software!

I'm new user and I read this in the help box of the ZM_VIDEO_LIVE_FORMAT:

Code: Select all

The default of 'asf' works well under Windows with Windows Media Player but I'm currently not sure what, if anything, works on a Linux platform. If you find out please let me know!
As I use zm on a machine which have a DVB-S card with VDR and VDR-MPlayer plugin, I had to find a way to view Live Video from zm via mplayer..... and it works!!

Let's see what I've done ...
I let the ZM_VIDEO_LIVE_FORMAT to "asf" value
I also let the ZM_VIDEO_REPLAY_FORMAT to "asf" value
and I launch mplayer with

Code: Select all

mplayer -vo mpegpes "http://192.168.0.25/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=mpeg&monitor=1&scale=100&bitrate=2500000&maxfps=25&format=asf" -nocache
I use MPlayer 1.0pre5-3.3.2 ...
the "-vo mpegpes" option is for video output to the video out of my DVB-S card, so it may be different (like -vo X11, -vo cvidix or -vo fb) for anybody else uses....

Hope it help,
And, again, great work!

Sad
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

Neat trick, just need to find a way to get a 'montage' view using mplayer :)

I'm still having issues with mozilla not displaying MJPEG's half the time w/o a forced reload
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Thanks for this. I'll try and spend some more time on Mozilla type issues when I can, if I can get the video working it will probably become more useful.

Phil
Sad

Post by Sad »

I've tested some little thing again....
whithout the "&format=asf" in the URL, mplayer won't play anything....

I don't know if I've installed anything particular for mplayer being able to play asf format.... I've just installed the complete codec package from mplayerhq (and divx4linux and xvid-core) which is all installed as win32 codec...

If this could help you

Sad