Couple of bugs with zmtrigger.pl

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
asker

Couple of bugs with zmtrigger.pl

Post by asker »

Hi, I have set up zmtrigger to use the HW motion detection algorithm of my foscam cameras instead of ZM doing SW detection. It's working very well, but I have encountered the following bugs:

a) zmtrigger.pl randomly exits with a memory map error - I read other threads and for now, I've fixed it by simply wrapping zmtrigger.pl in a shell script that keeps restarting it

b) the bigger issue is this: Zmtrigger needs monitors to be in nodect. The problem is this: if I switch my camera to motion and then nodect while Zmtrigger is running, it does not seem to recognize this change - it fails trying to find that monitor. The only way I found around it is for me to break out of Zmtrigger and restart it. Is there any other way? I don't want zmtrigger to change state because I have a cron job that switches monitors to motion and nodect and during motion time, I don't want zmtrigger to use the motion recording. So that fact that zmtrigger is not finding the monitors when it switches to monitor is perfect. But I do need it to know when the camera switches back to nodect and that is not working.

thanks
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Re: Couple of bugs with zmtrigger.pl

Post by asker »

Problem solved. I noticed the script has a cache timeout, so I did a reload one time when the monitor is not found to make sure. Works great.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs