My Zoneminder Experience from scratch

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
scotts777

My Zoneminder Experience from scratch

Post by scotts777 »

I wrote out a 5 page guide to setting up Zoneminder from scratch from my own experience to help out others new to Zoneminder, but it's full of links to articles and forum posts. I kept getting "Your post looks too spammy for a new user, please remote off-site URLs"

So I revised it at least 4 times replacing every URL with [forum won't let me post a URL] - (I kept missing some) and it still wouldn't let me post.

If any admin reads this, please change my account so I can post my guide. I can PM it to you if you want to vet it yourself.

I finally gave up and posted this message instead.
PacoLM

Re: My Zoneminder Experience from scratch

Post by PacoLM »

Try to put the information in the Wiki!

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
Foo

Post by Foo »

scotts777 wrote:I wrote out a 5 page guide to setting up Zoneminder from scratch from my own experience to help out others new to Zoneminder, but it's full of links to articles and forum posts. I kept getting "Your post looks too spammy for a new user, please remote off-site URLs"

So I revised it at least 4 times replacing every URL with [forum won't let me post a URL] - (I kept missing some) and it still wouldn't let me post.

If any admin reads this, please change my account so I can post my guide. I can PM it to you if you want to vet it yourself.

Were you able to get this posted up anywhere?
gerfry

Post by gerfry »

scotts777 wrote:I wrote out a 5 page guide to setting up Zoneminder from scratch from my own experience to help out others new to Zoneminder, but it's full of links to articles and forum posts. I kept getting "Your post looks too spammy for a new user, please remote off-site URLs"

Would be great to read - post it anywhere else... (or pm it - I am very interested in learning :))

br gerfry
Foo

Post by Foo »

I was able to get this to work. I am posting this as a reminder to add the instructions that worked for me.
I am resetting up the pc and I'll post back as soon as it's finished.

This is working real nice and I want to support it so that others can help keep the project going.

I will post back.