Need help with CCTV and DVR setup?

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
matthew123

Need help with CCTV and DVR setup?

Post by matthew123 »

Okay, it's a quick question. I am setting up a 4 channel CCTV camera setup in my business. It's a samsung 4 camera kit with the little TV to view them on. It also has web broadcasting. I recently bought a Samsung 4 channel DVR to go with it. I've got a problem though. I must use the inputs from the cameras to go directly to the DVR in order to record 4 channels at full resolution. When i hook up the TV as an output, I lose control of the web broadcasting. I'd like to split the video signal to both the tv and the DVR. The cable is like a phone cable but it has 6 wires. It's in between a phone and cat 5 connector in size. It is also the only wire going to the cameras so it carries power and a signal through these wires. Where can I buy a splitter and two additional wires to go to each unit and what products should i use. I've tried using an 8 pin splitter with two 6 pin wires that it can "fit" into but I lose the signal. My local electronic stores don't have 6pin splitters.