Washing an Axis...

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
Flasheart

Washing an Axis...

Post by Flasheart »

An Axis 206 I had mounted below a ceiling had stopped working. I went on Zm to look at the dates and saw it had been down for some time.

I pulled the last event and it gave the reason...

We'd been hit hard by the frosts in Devon this year; over -9c for some days. This had caused numerous pipes to fail, even inside the building and insulated. The last event covered the area where the main stopcocks were.

It showed our handyman turning on the stopcock, then everything went rapidly blurry and suddenly black...

A pipe had burst directly above the camera, and he'd just turned the water back onto it. From the footage, it got a proper soaking.

Figuring I had a dead camera - tap water on live electronics is usually pretty fatal, I pulled out the power lead and plugged it back in. (Running from a PoE splitter as the 206 doesn't have PoE support directly).

Damned if it didn't power right back up again! No damage, no problem - and the lens was nice and clean! Tough little cameras, these axis.
coke

Post by coke »

Nice to know, I still have a small fleet of 207's out there. Only problem I've had is with 2 207-W's going bad, fortunately one within a year (warranty replacement), the other not so much. However, they were both placed 3" from a speaker, which seems more than coincidental. (have since moved the speaker).