Viewing ZoneMinder Montage in Windows Media Centre

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
daveharris

Viewing ZoneMinder Montage in Windows Media Centre

Post by daveharris »

Just quickly,

I have a windows Vista Ultimate Box with 2 * dual Freeview tuners and 2 * 1TB HDD's in the loft, and that serves the 5 Linksys DMA2100's around the house very nicely indeed.

I've recently added TunerFreeMCE to give me all the iPlayer, 4OD etc services through this and apart from a few OD programs now working its all going pretty well.

The next step was to link ZoneMinder into this. I had tried a few different ways. I posted something on a media centre forum but didnt hear anything back, so kinda left it for a while

Link:

http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/communi ... nders.html

Anyway, the other day i figured out an easy to setup and what i think is a good solution.

On the media centre box itself, navigate to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Media Center\Media Center Programs

Then create a file called "ZoneMinder.mcl"

In this file, enter this:

+application url="http://10.x.x.x/zm/?view=montage"

name="CCTV Montage"
bgcolor="RGB(21,103,170)"
startimage="cctv7.jpg"
thumbnailImage="cctv7.jpg"
sharedviewport="false"+
--
+/application+

(Not sure why but the forum removed my code if i started that bit with > < so replace the +'s with > <)

where 10.x.x.x is the IP of you ZM server. I grabbed a picture of a CCTV camera from google images and put it in the same directory (cctv7.jpg)

Now on the media centre (or extender) navigate to Online Media, and to Program Library, you should now see the new option.

Ideally i need to customise the montage page as it doesnt fit that well on the screen (i have 5 cams now), i could do with it defaulting to 3/4 size perhaps.

The only other change i had to make was in options and images i set MPEG_LIVE_FORMAT to asf.

Hope this is of use to somebody.

Cheers,

DAVE
deadmhz

Post by deadmhz »

Did you ever get this working?