Query Zoneminder

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
shital

Query Zoneminder

Post by shital »

Hello i am Shitalkumar..., m very happy for having such a good application for Linux.., I downloaded Zone minder source code, now i wanted to customise the application as follows..

1) I want to connect some 16 cameras to connected to the Linux box.., some cams should grab picture at 1sec intervals and keep overwriting the pictures, this should happen until there are no events..., if any event happens.., they should save picture in other file without overwriting...,

2) similarly other cams should keep video recording for 1s and overwrite.., if any event happens they should start recording for 15 minutes and save them without overwriting

3) And as i have band width limitations i don't want to access all cams at a time so i want them to switch in round robin fassion.
so are these facilities already available or to write separate code for this?
please let me know this Sir..., m eagerly waiting for ur reply...Thank you sir..
Regards
Shital
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

This is essentially how zoneminder works. You can set up the fps in non-alarm to be 1, and allow alarm to spool up to 5 or no limit. With modetect as the setting, only motion events are saved.
ammaross

Post by ammaross »

3) And as i have band width limitations i don't want to access all cams at a time so i want them to switch in round robin fassion.
You could set up event triggers for this to disable/enable cameras on a timed interval or at set times of the day.