4 channel cards ebay

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

Try here.
http://www.google.com/search?q=free+image+hosting

That way you can have help from more than just me.
morpheus106

Post by morpheus106 »

this is the dvr card that I have found on ebay

http://www.pixilive.com/viewi/20070906/ ... issimo.jpg
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

This looks like a standard card, however, I have not used that one personally. I would say you chances are good, but it is still a risk. Anyone else know this card?
neilk

Post by neilk »

It looks 99% like one i tried last week , seems to have a heat issue as it locks up or screws up the displayed video feed.

You may have more luck than i did, but i should say i was (going to at a later date) going to fit some Heatsinks on the card chips and try and cool it down a tad.

but at the moment this card is sat in my ZM box with out any Cams connected
little bit of info , if this is the same card with One cam connected you will get about 20/28 FPS , connect TWO cams and your FPS will drop to about 6/8FPS and the more cams you connet the lower your FPS is going to be.
but apart from that it does work with ZM, (but not two good).
Regards
morpheus106

Post by morpheus106 »

thank you :lol:
for your info
Sorry for my english
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

neilk wrote:It looks 99% like one i tried last week...
For the record, this may not be helpful. If it is not exactly the same card, it probably has different production techniques, and different firmware. That will make all the difference. All single chip cards look very similar, but not all work. The one I used had a pot out the back to adjust video, and this one has a pot which faces the side of the card. That is enough to make me not guess.

As to split chip cards, that can be true. A single cam on a chip can give up to 40fps. 2 cams will drop to 18fps or less. 3 can get very wierd. On some it drops to about 7, and on some to about 1.5! In some cases 4 will actually perform better than 3. Now the efficiency of the split depends on firmware. The chip does 40fps, but how many frames get lost changing channels? On the better cards, only about 2 frames. On some cards it can be %25, and some of them only half, or half again, so 3 cams can confuse them.

The short story is, if you will buy 100 cards, it makes since to find the cheapest that will do the job. If you are going to buy 2, but a more expensive card that you know will do the job, and don't spend 30 hours makes a card work poorly. That is not a real cost savings.
eracc

Post by eracc »

neilk wrote:It looks 99% like one i tried last week , seems to have a heat issue as it locks up or screws up the displayed video feed.

You may have more luck than i did, but i should say i was (going to at a later date) going to fit some Heatsinks on the card chips and try and cool it down a tad. ...
Try a slot cooler or a card cooler. I use these when I need that:
8cm PC Expansion Card Cooling Fan
PC Case Exhaust Fan/Video Card Cooler Fan