Nice, low cost 4 port card w/4 BT878

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
Rick

Nice, low cost 4 port card w/4 BT878

Post by Rick »

Hi All,

Pro-video has a nice 4-port card that has 4 BT 878's on it. It's model number PV149A. I ordered direct from the company in Taiwan. It was delivered via EMS postal service -- price was very right. Work fine with ZM.
fernando

Post by fernando »

how much?
Fernando
Rick

Post by Rick »

fernando wrote:how much?

I've had the card for several months and didn't keep my paperwork. IIRC, the card was about $125 USD and postage was $25-30 USD. I think those estimates will be within 5 or 10%.....
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

You wouldn't by chance have a number of a sales rep that I can get in touch with? This looks like exactly what I'm looking for but I'm not getting an email response from Taiwan. Any other 4-input BT878 cards?
Rick

Post by Rick »

No; sorry - I sure don't. All my communications with them including the order process were handled via email.

Even tho I am totally happy with my card, I would not buy anything from a company that would not do me the courtesy of answering my emails. If they're too busy to answer me they darn sure don't need my business.......
LuChris

Post by LuChris »

Carbide_tipped

Post by Carbide_tipped »

I own a pv140 4-input card from provideo. The windows software didnt work right on two boxes. I e-mail them for help..no response. I was about to junk it when I ran across zoneminder. Installed the live cd and I got two cams running. Awesome software.
I'm in control till it's out of control
tcolar

any idea where/how to get the card ?

Post by tcolar »

i would really like the 149 card, but i can't seem to find a reseller in the us, or be able to contact the maker in taiwan.
Rick, and "carbide_tipped" where did you get it, do you have a contact (email address or anyhting)
Thanks.
Carbide_tipped

Post by Carbide_tipped »

http://www.supercircuits.com for the pv-140. I'm not 100% happy with it. But it works fine. I think it was about $120.00

I think you will be better off getting the GrandTec Grand X-Guard 4P card. http://www.grandtec.com/xguard.htm It's cheaper. $99.00 I never use it but I guess it works with zomeminder from this post. http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3285
I'm in control till it's out of control
floyd_2

GrandTec Grand X-Guard 4P card and ZM - Works Fine

Post by floyd_2 »

I use the GrandTec Grand X-Guard 4P card with ZoneMinder. Absolutely no problems. Fully plug and pray with the OS - no device files to create etc. I get about 2.2fps per camera with all 4 ports are occupied. I'm using ZoneMinder LiveCD v1.19.1. I would definitely recommend this card, especially if you can source it locally and its cheaper than the PV series cards.
JonThompson

PV153

Post by JonThompson »

The current Provideo card with 4 chips is the PV153. They have 4 video and 4 audio channels. They were $110 each, which ended up being $150 each after shipping and wire transfer fees. They suggested emailing my CC#, but I will not email such a valuable number, nor will I send it to a foreign company. If only they would accept paypal...

I have two that are being shipped to me, and will report on how they work.
JonThompson

Update

Post by JonThompson »

I have received the cards, which took a week to get here from Taiwan. I will be testing them once I find a machine to run them as I have not ordered the components.

A few notes...

They have 4 models of each card (A,B,C,D). They are functionally identical, although you cannot put two of the same letter in one computer.

There is no visible difference between my A card and B card as far as I can tell. I have emailed, asking how I can tell the difference.

They have 2 VGA ports, and a cable that contains 4 audio and 4 video inputs. One of the VGA ports is mentioned as the input, the other port is ignored in the manual.

They have four 10 pin connectors internally, marked as OP (output?) 1-4, although they are not mentioned in the manual.

They have two jumper points, one of which is mentioned in the manual as the watchdog port. However, the other one is not mentioned.

There is one 34 pin connector mentioned in the manual as the GPIO port, although its function is not clear from the manual.