EZVIZ (HikVision) C6CN lower res RTSP URL

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
jobsoftinc

EZVIZ (HikVision) C6CN lower res RTSP URL

Post by jobsoftinc »

Hi All,

Been using these cameras (13 of them) on ZM 1.34.9 for almost a year now. Lots of buffer overruns at the "normal" streaming res (1080p @ fixed 15fps). Finally got fed up and started toying around with RTSP URLs. Found a post that suggested a different URL path for HikVisions, Discovered that the following RTSP URL gets you the "SD" ("standard" res?) 768x432 @ 10fps, which might be a big help for others here tapping the seemingly fixed RTSP 1080p "HD" stream from these otherwise fairly decent, and VERY cheap wifi-based IP cameras.

rtsp://admin:<mfg_cam_passwd>@<cam_ip_addr>:554/Streaming/Channels/102

Note that the fixed manufacturer password is the "Verification Code" on the QR "label" located on the bottom of the camera itself. Also note that channel '101' is the HD stream. Too bad EZVIZ doesn't publish more details on other exposed hidden parameters (like PTZ control maybe).

Anyways, FWIW.

Mark
jobsoftinc

Re: EZVIZ (HikVision) C6CN lower res RTSP URL

Post by jobsoftinc »

I meant to post the URL that led me to this discovery:

https://www.getscw.com/decoding/rtsp

They seem to have some good info for other makes too.
cajeptha

Post by cajeptha »

Just an update and a question.
I have successfully deployed 6 x EZVIZ C3TN and am monitoring them from thousands miles away with this setting:

Hikvision RTSP Stream (NVR)
Example URL: rtsp://admin:12345@192.168.1.210:554/Streaming/Channels/101 will bring up mainstream for channel 1, where admin is the username and 12345 is the password.

This success made me purchase the EZVIZ C6C PTZ, but I have had luck connecting it. Some assistance would be appreciated.
You have a good day now and may your tomorrows also be so

CAJeptha
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

That appears to be a cloud cam. EZVIZ cloud proprietary protocol. Good luck.