[Upgraded Version] POE Camera, SV3C 3Megapixels IP Camera

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
jperkins

[Upgraded Version] POE Camera, SV3C 3Megapixels IP Camera

Post by jperkins »

$42 ( January 2021 ) FIxed POE IP camera with IR

Works for me but I am not an expert on IP cams nor security. It takes a good pic IMHO

Amazon URL https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0777 ... UTF8&psc=1

Has internal microphone.
Included a power adapter which was nice for testing but isnt needed when using a POE switch.
Can not find exact model at manufactures website.
Can not find any firmware upgrades.
Camera does appear to reboot occasionally , about once a week. probably a memory leak or a hack to work around one.
Camera does not have any local storage. Never tried any apps or browser add-ons. config url of camera works without them.
With the 'Danale Cloud' option enabled but not configured it will attempt to phone home. It did quiet down after disabling that 'feature'. Advise to lock camera off of Wan and only allow access to zoneminder and admin machine, just to be safe. :D

Source Path rtsp://user:password@domain/Streaming/Channels/101

EDIT - found better source paths that would work with substream
main rtsp://user:passwd@IP/stream0
sub rtsp://user:passwd@IP/stream1
Last edited by jperkins on Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jperkins

Re: [Upgraded Version] POE Camera, SV3C 3Megapixels IP Camera

Post by jperkins »

Just wanted to comment after using these for a bit. I have 2 of them and they both reboot at the same time each week even though the 'reboot' feature is turned off in the config. They reboot at midnight, on Sunday I think.

EDIT - These do not change to DST properly. Even though DST is setup to advance on the 2nd Sunday in March, they changed to DST on the first Sunday in March. Luckily ZM also provides a date stamp. Note in 2021 the first Day of March was on a Monday. My other cams are Hikvision clones and they are working properly with the same exact settings as the SV3C cameras

Have no Idea about the Fall yet.