Reolink Lumus + Neolink works

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
leewells

Reolink Lumus + Neolink works

Post by leewells »

I haven't seen any mention of the Reolink Lumus camera working with ZoneMinder, so I thought I'd post this.

I was able to use neolink (https://github.com/thirtythreeforty/neolink) to attach to the camera, then pointed ZoneMinder at the local neolink instance, and it works like a champ.

I'm also using it with my Reolink RLC-411 to set up 2 monitors for one camera (one modect, one record). I would see smearing if ZoneMinder was pulling 2 streams directly from the same camera, but using neolink fixed that problem.

Neolink is supposed to support some other Reolink cameras as well (B800/D800/B400/D400/E1), but I haven't tried those.

Here is the camera section I use of the neolink config file:

Code: Select all

[[cameras]]
name = "frontdoor"
username = "admin"
password = "<CAMERA_PASSWORD>"
address = "<CAMERA_IP_ADDR>:9000"
format = "h264"
stream = "mainStream"
And for ZoneMinder I use a SourceType of ffmpeg, and a path of rtsp://localhost:8554/frontdoor.

--Lee
iconnor

Re: Reolink Lumus + Neolink works

Post by iconnor »

Long term it might be neat to merge neolink into ZoneMinder but for now they seem to be doing a great job hacking these cameras and empowering people to use them.

Great work NeoLink!