Annke C800 4K

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
AndyA

Annke C800 4K

Post by AndyA »

I just bought one of these. Seems to be working fine with zm.
4k UHD 3840x2160. Outputs H.264 or H.265 (haven't messed with this yet)

Source Path = rtsp://user:password@camera.mynetwork:554/H264/ch1/main/av_stream

Not crazy expensive, but not particularly cheap. $99.99 in bullet or fixed turrent form factors. https://www.annke.com/products/c800
potatoes

Re: Annke C800 4K

Post by potatoes »

Were you able to make use of its ONVIF capabilities in ZM?
I'm failing with that.
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

I can't get mine to work in ZM for some reason. Are you using source ffmpeg?

It works in the browser, and the RTPS url working in VLC, but not in ZM for some reason...?
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

Really odd part is console shows

Not Capturing
12.50/11.11 FPS 433.83 kB/s

I wonder if I have the camera setup in a way that is to much for FFMPEG
burger

Post by burger »

SBCDave wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:54 am I wonder if I have the camera setup in a way that is to much for FFMPEG
What platform? The motherboard must be fairly robust to handle 4K. Especially if you use modect/mocord. I have a 8 or 16 core server, and I haven't run it above 6FPS (on camera) yet on 1.34 (1.36 will be able to do better, when ready). But I wouldn't try it on an SBC like the RPI.

You can test the camera on the device via ffmpeg (terminal) or VLC (gui). Test it from the server. This will let you know whether ffmpeg or libvlc should work, respectively.
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

I have a dual socket server board with hexcore xenon chips in each, so 24 CPUs. 128Gb DDR4 ram. It's been running 9x 5MP reolink cameras no problem, but this new 8MP annke camera just doesn't show up for some reason.

I've never had any luck with libvlc, so there may be an underlying issue there. I use ffmpeg mocord for everything. I'm on zm 1.36, just updated to see if it would help but no luck.

Rtsp stream works on vlc, but since you mentioned it I tried ffplay and get an error about protocol not found. I'm digging into that now. Thanks for the idea. Any other ideas are appreciated :)
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

Still can't get ffplay to work...hmm. side note, I've always used rtmp URIs for the other cameras. I can't remember why, may have been rtsp didn't work, or stream wasn't as good... It's been a while.
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

Wow! My bad...thankfully your suggestion to get it working in ffplay worked out for me...it turned out the issue was because I was using capital letters on "RTSP" in my URI, which apparently ffmpeg and or ffplay use to pull the protocol, hence the Protocol not found error :) It's working great now on 15 fps, highest quality, high profile (whatever that is), 3840x2160. Only thing left to figure out is why the dot is yellow in ZM. Got some googling to do.
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

I'm having trouble with this camera again. It just stopped showing up in ZoneMinder and alternates between "Unable to Stream" and "Unable to Connect to Monitor" messages in white in the center of a black frame.

I'm able to access the stream through the web interface of the camera and from VLC via the rtps:// URI.

Anyone have any ideas? Nothing changed on my zone minder setup except a ZM upgrade.

Also, anyone know what I might be doing wrong with libvlc and why I can't get it to work with any of my cameras? I've noticed ffmpeg seems a little buggy and I'd love to see if things work better with libvlc if I can get it figured out.

Thanks for any help or ideas.
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

I've been trying to get this working for a while and just noticed that it is recording events and in mocord it is constantly recording, and I can play the events, I just can't stream it live from my zoneminder web portal and I can't see it live from my ZM Ninja app. Any ideas are appreciated.
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

Hi there. Any help is appreciated.

All my cameras work except this one "8MP" Annke camera. And oddly, it worked when I first set it up, but it started just being a black screen that says "Unable to stream", and even odder all the recording are there I just can't access the stream live through zoneminder web portal, or through my ZM Ninja app, but I can watch the recordings in both.

In my VLC version 2.2.4, Tools > Media Information > Codec tab, I have

Type: Video
Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)
Resolution: 3840x2178
Display resolution: 3840x2160
Frame rate: 15
Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV full scale

I tried both these resolutions but still just "Unable to stream"

Anything stand out at an issue, or does anyone have any other troubleshooting tips?
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

I'm not sure what your answer was as to whether you got any result from the ZM ONVIF button.
Anyway, I'd try the second stream as opposed to "main" - whatever they call it.
Tantamount

Post by Tantamount »

I just picked one of these up and it's working fine with ZM.

There's a couple of settings to do on the camera to start:

The camera doesn't come with DHCP enabled, so you'll need to figure out what its ip address is to get to the GUI. You can enable dhcp once you're in.

This was my initial starting point -- I was going for stability first:

Configuration -> Video / Audio -> resolution 3840x2160, highest quality, Frame Rate 10 (for now), Max Bitrate 16384, Video Encoding H.265

Configuration -> Network -> Advanced Settings -> Integration Protocol -> Enable Open Network Video Interface

ZM's ONVIF should detect the camera at this point.
Here's an example url it built for me:
rtsp://user:pass@camera.ip.address:554/Streaming/Channels/101?transportmode=unicast&profile=Profile_1

(I never know which transport mode to choose, so I picked unicast -- I am curious which one is just direct camera to zm though (no broadcast)).

Some additional settings:
Analysis FPS 10 (set to match the Frame Rate of the camera)
Storage, Save JPEGs = Disabled
Storage, Video Writer = Camera Passthrough

I bumped up the buffers, but don't think that's necessary for stability when starting out.

At this point, hopefully the camera is "stable" -- create the zones, etc. Then the rest depends on the power and memory of the computer running zm if you want to tweak frame rates higher.
3 ReoLink RLC-410
2 Annke NC800
Kubernetes 1.22.6 statefulset of 5 Ubuntu 20.04 pods using iconnor's repository
ZoneMinder Version 1.36.12
tankman

Post by tankman »

Does this camera (C800 4K) require a computer with FFMPEG running all the time in order to live stream to YouTube?