Y-Cam HD-Pro

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
chutzler

Y-Cam HD-Pro

Post by chutzler »

First post, registered to stick this here:

I looked high and low trying to find out how to get this thing to work with ZM after y-cam stopped offering their 7 day "free" option for it. I finally broke down and figured it out. I'm not 100% certain that the password that I have works for all cameras as I only have the one to test with. That being said, it works great here:

Source type: ffmpeg
MaxFPS 12
Alarm Max FPS 15
Source path: rtsp://admin:TFVDS09UVkZEQzUwODA4QjIxODdZQ0FNVkY=@xx.xx.xx.xx/live_h264.sdp
(Replace xx's with your camera's ip address)
24 bit color
Capture Width 640
Capture Height 480

Again, I sniffed the traffic between my camera and the homemonitor.me site while logging in to get the password (the username admin and password TFVDS09UVkZEQzUwODA4QjIxODdZQ0FNVkY= were encoded in base64 in the stream during the handshake). You can still log into the homemonitor.me site to change the options on the camera if need be as well.

Hopefully this password works across all of these cameras, I can't seem them creating a unique password for each one, but YYMV). If it works for you, maybe a post here confirming it so we'll know if the password is the same for sure.
jxu109

Re: Y-Cam HD-Pro

Post by jxu109 »

My first post too! If you're still out there, I tried the admin:TFVDS.... password on my HomeMonitor HD pro camera and it didn't work. Looking to get inside this cam so I can do whatever I please with it. :)

What did you use to sniff the traffic?

Thanks
mikb

Post by mikb »

The OP has only one post (the one you replied to) so likely not about anymore -- but to sniff TCP traffic and discover these things, Google "tcpdump" and "wireshark" -- they can be very useful for spying on IP based devices to see what they are up to, including "Why can't I find the IP address of my camera?" and "Why is there network activity when I'm not even using it?" etc.

Edit: I notice that if you decode that string above FROM base64, you get this, maybe THIS second line is the password -- just a thought. Look at it carefully :)

Code: Select all

#> base64 -d
TFVDS09UVkZEQzUwODA4QjIxODdZQ0FNVkY=

LUCKOTVFDC50808B2187YCAMVF
Possibly the MAC Address of the camera (hardware address) is in there (DC:50:80:8B:21:87) so you may have to try YOUR Mac address ...
jxu109

Post by jxu109 »

Yeah, but I figured he had the only post about this camera on a google search, so I thought I'd give it a shot! :)

Thanks for the input, no dice on substituting my MAC, but I'm not done trying yet! Thanks--
mikb

Post by mikb »

... after inserting the MAC address of your camera, do remember to try base64ing (encoding) it back the other way :)

I don't know whether the raw or encoded password is what is needed here!

Does your MAC address look anything like (DC:50:80:xx:xx:xx) -- if it's nothing like that, I'm probably wrong on that being a MAC address anyway.
jxu109

Post by jxu109 »

Yeah, I tried a bunch of combos. There's an extra letter in the string provided, I tried omitting the first and the last, etc..

After reading this a few times, sounds like I have to get wireshark reading the traffic going to the camera, so I imagine some kind of setup where I set the ethernet adapter to passthru to the wifi and then sniff the eth0 interface while the homemonitor website is logging into the camera.
jxu109

Post by jxu109 »

My MAC is 8C:AE:90 -- I tried searching his and mine to see if a vendor popped up, but it doesn't for either string.
mikb

Post by mikb »

If the first three digit pairs aren't in any of the various OUI / MAC address lists findable on Google, then it's either not a MAC address at all (could be a huge random number allocated in production?) or the company is just using made up MAC addresses on the basis of -- "who cares?"

TCPDump is the way to go then, see what turns up.

And have a base64 encoder/decoder on hand :)
jxu109

Post by jxu109 »

I have the camera bridged into the laptop en0 port and I can see the traffic, but I have no idea what to look for in the dump file. Any pointers?
conni23

Post by conni23 »

Hello, is there any new information about the password of the camera? I have the same problem and could not find a solution yet...
jxu109

Post by jxu109 »

conni23 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:54 am Hello, is there any new information about the password of the camera? I have the same problem and could not find a solution yet...
Nothing from this end. Can’t even get snapshots from the website once that’s discontinued. Worthless :(
conni23

Post by conni23 »

That is a pity. I didn't get anywhere with Wireshark either. I have a key magic=poiw3dk... But I didn't get anywhere with this either. The Mac address of my camera also starts with 8C:AE:90.
jxu109

Post by jxu109 »

conni23 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:52 pm That is a pity. I didn't get anywhere with Wireshark either. I have a key magic=poiw3dk... But I didn't get anywhere with this either. The Mac address of my camera also starts with 8C:AE:90.
Not really what you asked, but I've moved on to the UniFi camera system/NVR software and I love it. I really don't like wasting the HomeMonitor hardware, but sometimes you gotta let go, I guess.
conni23

Post by conni23 »

Thanks for the hint. I am surprised that there is no more info about y-cam in forums. Stopping the lifelong cloud backup was a very unpleasant action.
garyc

Post by garyc »

I assume this is now died as there has been no activity for a while. I have the Humax Eye, which is a re-badged Y-Cam and uses their app. It still has the free storage but the location recording in the App is flaky to say the least.

I have been using Zoneminder for years now with an ancient Y-Cam camera and it has been fine. I would therefore like to add the Eye to that but am struggling to find the username and pw. My skills with something like tcpdump are lacking to say the least, so if anyone has found a way to get at the pw on these really neat little cameras it would be great to know.

Alternatively, if someone can give an idiots guide to sniffing the data out of a camera that would be good too :D