Secure PoE camera

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
Tim_n

Secure PoE camera

Post by Tim_n »

Hi, is there a good, relatively cheap, secure / well maintained PoE camera?

I've been looking at Arlo & Ubiquiti camera systems, but wondering as I already have an Ubuntu server whether there's a cheaper/better option that offers similar functionality.

I'm completely rebuilding my house at the moment so running exterior grade cat 6 and installing a 24pt PoE switch. I need three or 4 cameras, mostly as cheap as possible at this point. I can swap them out later when I've actually got some spare cash. Otherwise I'll just have several bits of Cat 6 hanging out the building. Either looking for a very, very cheap solution that I can get by with or something about half the price of the ubiquity that would do the job longer term.
Tim_n

Re: Secure PoE camera

Post by Tim_n »

Non IR cameras would be good, I'd prefer to setup an IR light a bit further away to prevent spiders clogging up the lens.
Lee Sharp

Re: Secure PoE camera

Post by Lee Sharp »

I finally got the GeoVision/USAvision 1300 cameras working. They are 720p and $30 at Frys. Nice picture and the IR is controllable in the web config. The down side is that the web config is Internet Explorer ONLY! Even with no streaming... Sigh. But they are cheap!