Foscam FI9831P, FI9800PR V3

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
yenadar

Foscam FI9831P, FI9800PR V3

Post by yenadar »

I created an account to share this, since neither of these specific cameras were coming up in the wiki or in forum searches. The FI9821P (not 31P) and the FI9800P (not PR) exist on the wiki, but the information isn't quite accurate for what I ran into.

I installed 7 FI9831Ps and 3 FI9800PRs (Foscam), and got them all working through Zoneminder with the following settings.

Running Zoneminder v1.30.4

FI9831P:
Source Type: Ffmpeg
Source Path: rtsp://<username>:<password>@<ip>:<port>/videoMain
Also works with /videoSub, which I found significant recording performance improvements using, but leaving the high def videoMain channel for direct connection from mobile and web browser
Port is likely going to be 88, unless you have changed something.
Remote Method: TCP
Ensure the capture dimensions match the dimensions in the camera stream in the camera settings

FI9800PR:
Source Type: Ffmpeg
Source Path: rtsp://<username>:<password>@<ip>:<port>/videoMain
Also works with /videoSub, which I found significant recording performance improvements using, but leaving the high def videoMain channel for direct connection from mobile and web browser
The port is what gave me no end of trouble. Like the wiki article on the similar camera: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Foscam_FI98 ... _IP_camera you need to use the ONVIF port, which the default port is 554. HOWEVER, the catch is that in the camera settings, ONVIF is defaulted to checked, but it is apparently NOT enabled. Per Foscam "ONVIF is not enabled by default". But it will show the check box as checked. The solution is to uncheck it and save, then recheck it and save. Port 554 will then successfully work for streaming video to Zoneminder.