kkmoon TP-Hi100BY on RPi3

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
KaFun

kkmoon TP-Hi100BY on RPi3

Post by KaFun »

Got this quite inexpensive wired IP camera on ebay a while ago and decided to put it to work on a Zoneminder on a Raspberry Pi 3 (Ubuntu Server 16.04). Was not really difficult based on information found via google (plus some extrapolation).

So here are the details:
Tab "General"
Source Type: Remote
Tab "Source"
Remote Protocol: RTSP
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP
Remote Host Name: IP_Address_Of_Camera
Remote Host Port: 554 (or 8554 if you use a second one on port 554)
Remote Host Path: /user=<user>&password=<password>&channel=1&stream=0
Capture Width: 1280
Capture Height: 720

You have to set the camera to DHCP (out of the box it has a fixed IP). You need to run it therefore on a Windows machine using IE and ActiveX. There you can also set the port if you use two IP cameras (one on 554 and the other on 8554).

I have two IP cameras on a RPi3 running considerably well with about 5..10fps each. The cameras (escam Snail QD500 and kkmoon TP-Hi100BY) are quite remarkable considering the price (around 22 Euro).

I will create second topic for the entries of the escam camera just to get found - the configuration is exactly the same.

You can try if the cameras runs outside of Zoneminder by typing this into Firefox (tested in Ubuntu 16.04:

Code: Select all

rtsp://<IP_address>:554/user=<user>&password=<password>&channel=1&stream=0
Have fun!
sia_schumi

Re: kkmoon TP-Hi100BY on RPi3

Post by sia_schumi »

I bought this camera because of this post, however it wasnt working in the first place as the stream url changed (again?).

My new camera directly from china works with this url:

Code: Select all

rtsp://<IP>:554/stream1
If u cant find the URL use ONVIF device manager. It looks like an amazing tool to find the correct urls automatically.