Ebode IPV38P2P Camera

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
raspi

Ebode IPV38P2P Camera

Post by raspi »

Hi,

My config is:
- Ubuntu 14.04.3 server with LAMP from the begining (up to date).
- ZoneMinder 1.29.0-trusty has been installed

I was wondering if someone had already play with the EBODE IPV38P2P and ZoneMinder?*
by using existed "skeleton Control scipts" I managed to have the images/movies on my monitor, but... PTZ just doesn't work, I've tried the different "skeletons" but it doesn't work.
May be I must start by saying I'm not a "dev" person, I like bask/ksh scripting but it stops here.
About the EBODE IPV38P2P PTZ functions, I decide to "snif" my network and discovered what he camera needs to go "right", "left" etc etc
If I want the camera is going 1 step left, I must send 2 commands almost at the same time, the "go right" and the "stop go".
I can simulate this on the URL area of my Browser (Firefox for me).
https://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fc ... 6400257174
https://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fc ... 6400257357

I've found, based on the same model the key words: "ptzMoveBottomLeft" "ptzMoveTopRight" "ptzReset" etc etc
If I don't send the second command "ptzStopRun" immediately after the command "ptzMoveRight" the camera continues to move Right.

I was wondering if there was an utility provided with the Zoneminder package that will be able to "discover" the functionalities of a camera just by giving its @IP ? Asking to the user to do basic commands with his camera's software and capturing the network traffic regarding his camera.

It's may be not here I must ask this question but on "ask for features" I suppose.

Anyway, is there someone who can help me to make "PTZ" working for my camera?

Thanks in advance for your help and support
Regards
Erix

PS: coming back to my "discovering camera's features" can't we use a kind of "Crowdfunding" for making it happen ?