Speco O2D4

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
JohnnyDigital

Speco O2D4

Post by JohnnyDigital »

The non-profit where I work has a small ZM system running version 1.24.4.
Recently, one of the cameras stopped working (a Speco SIPD3 -- see this post http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 10&t=21779 ).
It was determined to be a hardware failure and since it was still under warranty, Speco replaced it for free with their upgraded model, O2D4.
On paper, the O2D4 has much better specs. One problem: I have not been able to get it to work properly with ZM.

I have been able to get it to sort-of work. I was able to successfully tap into the "still image" that is used to assist users with setup.
The ZM parameters for this configuration are:

Remote Protocol: HTTP
Remote Method: Simple
Remote Host Name: admin:1234@192.x.y.z
Remote Host Port: 80
Remote Host Path: stillimg.jpg
Remote Image Colours: 24 bit colour
Capture Width (pixels): 352
Capture Height (pixels): 240

Note the low resolution (352x240). Also the frame rate is ONE Fps.

I've been able to get a marginal improvement (704x240 at 5 Fps) by hacking the camera's web interface
(using POSTMAN, a Chrome add-in, to send a POST to the "/setup.cgi?basic.htm" page to set Ch5Fps=4, Ch5VSize=2, Ch5VBand=7),
and changing the Source Capture Width accordingly.

704x240 at 5 Fps is way less than this camera is capable of. And grabbing the still jpg "setup images" is certainly not the way this camera was intended to be used.

The camera works fine (HD, 15 Fps) with the Speco viewing program (which seems to use rtsp, port 554) but I have been unable to get ZM to read this camera's video stream.
(Here's one final clue that I've found: I believe "/stream.mjpg" is the access point for an mpeg stream.)

Has anyone out there been able to get the o2d4 to work properly with ZM?