Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
khentiamentiu

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910

Post by khentiamentiu »

Has anyone tried the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 USB camera with zone minder? Does anyone know whether it might be compatible?

Thanks!
xmasin

Re: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910

Post by xmasin »

Hello,
I was able to get working system with 6 C910 cameras. But it is quite hard. At first, driver for C910 allocate whole USB controller, so you can not connect more than one camera per controller, so I have added 4 additional USB controllers to computer. I have reported this problem to uvc driver developers, but I'm not sure, if this problem is solved. For connecting C910 camera I used mjpeg streamer, because using YUYV format is not good for frame rate. Due memory allocation for mjpeg streamer I have to increase memory for kernel using this parameter in grub configuration "vmalloc=256M", you have to increase memory for zoneminder too (my settings is kernel.shmall = 262144, kernel.shmmax = 1073741824). At lease I have to disable motion detection because with enabled motion detection I get load over 5 with AMD PhenomII X6 1075T processor. With 2 TB HDD I'm able to store about 7 days back with 4 pictures per second from 7 cameras. Last camera is connected to another computer and solution is same as for local cameras connected to computer with Zoneminder. As distribution I use openSuSE 11.4 32bit with Zoneminder build from Monex repository, I didn't try to compile Zoneminder by my self.

Regards
Radek Masin