Q-Serial Cameras on e-bay - Success

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
rdmapes

Q-Serial Cameras on e-bay - Success

Post by rdmapes »

All,
I was looking for a couple of IP cameras for ZM and did not want to get carried away on cost. I got a couple Q Serial IP cams on e-bay. I was having trouble getting them to work so I started poking around the Wiki.

For anyone who gets one.
Remote Host Path = /cgi-bin/getimage.cgi?motion=1

This will get them up an running. Just wanted to share.

Enjoy,
Ron
jd896

Post by jd896 »

just had a quick serch on ebay and cannot find anything for q serial have you got a link or what you typed into the serch for other people to find these cameras?
Komi

Post by Komi »

rdmapes

That's it

Post by rdmapes »

I see that there are more on e-bay. I also just got another camera. This one has a smaller footprint and works well. Same settings and appears to have the same internals.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Regards,
Ron
KajolThappar

Post by KajolThappar »

I say that you have great experience while shopping "ChinaBuye" ,This one has a smaller footprint and works well.

Thanks
MrEvoMan

Post by MrEvoMan »

Any screenshots to what this looks like through Zoneminder?

In varying light conditions?

Anyone had these outdoors for any length of time? (I understand they may not be water proof, but in terms of cold, heat, etc.)
tucansam

Post by tucansam »

Any chance this supports POE?
rangerbob

Re: Q-Serial Cameras on e-bay - Success

Post by rangerbob »

Urg that part that sucks is when folks link to a product on ebay and you read it more then 90 days later. maybe if they are still sold someone could post the fellows nickname or link to items they sell or folks that sell similar but not the actual item with out also mentioning the fellows user name so that we have a chance in heck getting ahold of them or check out said product.

The link is dead anyone have any links??
PacoLM

Re: Q-Serial Cameras on e-bay - Success

Post by PacoLM »

Hi,

I have two cameras of this type (or really similar), also bought from DX, and I was using the following path to get the image:

Code: Select all

Remote Host Path = /image.jpg
I have tested:

Code: Select all

Remote Host Path =/cgi-bin/getimage.cgi?motion=1

Both of them work, so now we have two options. About the commands, anyone has the command list?. I would like to know what means the 'motion=1', for instance.

Kind regards,

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...