Trendnet TV-IP312W Working

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
noah35

Post by noah35 »

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Let's say the IP312W camera does indeed radiate infrared at a wavelength of 850nm. Would it still be able to see quite clearly infrared that's emitted at 840nm? If so, how much does the brightness or responsiveness decrease by?
Kind regards,

Noah
cordel

Post by cordel »

The only difference I have ever been able to notice is only that it's easier to see the ~850nm with the human eye, on a ccd cam they both look the same. I have a set of illuminaters at ~850 with 20 LEDs and two that I think are 960nm also with 20 LEDs and from the camera perspective they look the same.
noah35

Post by noah35 »

Hi cordel,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to hear that there is no difference.

1. Just curious, could you point me to a link online to the IR illuminator that you have, in particular the 850mn one. Just wondering which one you have.

2. What do you think of these IR illuminators:

http://www.surveillance-video.com/ir-30 ... lid=FROOG#

and

http://www.surveillance-video.com/cvwcvirniil.html

They don't look as expensive as most of the others. These are the cheapest ones I could find.

3. Do you know how hot these illuminators get? The IR-300 for example has a power requirement of 12VDC, 500mA. I don't know anything about electronics at all, so I wouldn't be able to judge how hot these things get just from those numbers. Also, the CV100B has an IR Optical output of 1,700mW. Any chance you know what all these numbers mean?
Kind regards,

Noah
cordel

Post by cordel »

I do and they are pretty easy to figure out for comparison:
watts=voltage*current

so IR300, I actually have a few of these as well:
6=12*.5

the IR300 consumes 6 watts or to compare 6,000mW
but that is assuming allot still as the actual consumption is likely at least a bit lower than the rated power supply which is likely what they are quoting. I can always test one of mine a bit later today and find out.

Unfortunately this really don't say much for what the actual light output is though a regular light meter as far as I'm aware does not detect IR (at least the one detector I played with did not).

Price is equivalent to the other you have listed, I picked up the IR300 at Fry's for about $75 a pop. Though somewhat disappointing is of the three, one has already lost five of the LED's and the run time on all of mine are still under 200 hours. The other two still have all their LEDs though.

What I do know is that little 66 LED jobber makes my low light cams that do .0003 lux think the sun is out, I actually have to tune the gain on the cams down and or close the iris a bit to keep the image clear in close quarters. I had setup one of these in a train station, use the ceiling to deflect and defuse the light, and it lit up the whole court.

I'd have to guess the running temperature on the IR300 is somewhere around 95 to 105 F so they do get a bit warm.

Sorry I realize it's not much help.
Taking a hunch they are likely using a solar collector to take a measurement for the output though I have no idea what the standard for measurement is for IR.
coke

IR dumb question

Post by coke »

Obviously, in b/w IR makes a nice difference. I have an axis 221 placed in a cave, and it gets functional images (can see better down there than I can), in color, but I have it set to 1/2 second exposures (which makes obvious blurs unless people stand really still), and the gain's at 36db (which I believe is what makes it noisy).

Would an IR illuminator help at all in improving the color image?

Edit: Apparently the 221 has an IR Cut filter that can be enabled, disabled, or set to auto. Unfortunately it immediately kicks it into b/w mode.
Last edited by coke on Wed May 06, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noah35

Post by noah35 »

Great information there cordel! I'll look forward to your test results regarding the power consumption.

I'm glad to hear that you have a few of these IR300 illuminators. Sounds like they could do a decent job. Before I splash out and buy a few of these (I'm thinking of buying 4, 2 for the front yard and 2 for the backyard), I hope it's ok if I ask you a few more questions:

1. Are there better IR illuminators that you know of, with a similar price range? If so, which would you recommend?

2. What's the illumination distance like for the IR300 in extremely dark conditions?

3. And what is its angle of illumination from your experience in using it in extremely dark conditions?
Kind regards,

Noah
noah35

Post by noah35 »

Hi mitch,

Just wondering mate, do you know whether your solution to get the mjepg stream also works with the TV-IP110W (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6881102017)?

The reason I ask is because newegg cancelled my orders because I'm from Australia, and they don't accept international credit cards. Then I tried to ask some friends in the states to buy me some, but it was too late, the promotion had already finished and the price went back to $190. It's really frustrating, I could've saved a lot of money.

Anyway, please let me know if that camera works as well.
Kind regards,

Noah
mitch

Post by mitch »

i would say 98% chance yes. Its the same camera without IR and without microphone.
noah35

Post by noah35 »

Thanks for the quick response mitch!
Kind regards,

Noah
MrEvoMan

Post by MrEvoMan »

noah35 wrote:Hi mitch,

Just wondering mate, do you know whether your solution to get the mjepg stream also works with the TV-IP110W (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6881102017)?

I have a number of the 100N's working from TrendNet, along with a lot of applications I have written for them.

You can find them on NewEgg's site as well.

You can't use the mjpeg for them though, it has to be a video.cgi. Only about 10-15fps, but it does the trick.
noah35

Post by noah35 »

Hi MrEvoMan,

Thanks for confirming that mate. Appreciate it.
Kind regards,

Noah
sltrd

TV-IP200W

Post by sltrd »

Hi guys can anyone give me some help with configuring a TV-IP200W as a remote device. Please be kind enough to verify my settings. I've been trying for two days to no avail to try and get this thing running. [I.e my camera name does not change into a link which should enable me to view my camera]

===============================
General
Parameter Value
Name - Camera Name
Source Type - Remote
Function - Monitor
Enabled - Enabled
Linked Monitors [ left black ] Select
Maximum FPS [ left black ]
Alarm Maximum FPS [ left black ]
Reference Image Blend %ge 7
Triggers None available
===============================
Source
Parameter Value
Remote Host Name username:password@192.168.1.6
Remote Host Port 80
Remote Host Path /goform/capture ????
Remote Image Colours 24 color
Capture Width (pixels) 320
Capture Height (pixels) 240
Orientation Normal

=============================

Someone who has used it please give me some help.
B00R4dL3y

trendnet tv-ip100w-n

Post by B00R4dL3y »

i can't get my tv-ip100w-n camera working with zoneminder 1.24. i can get a picture with http://a.b.c.d/image.jpg or i can get video with http://a.b.c.d/video.cgi from a web browser, but i can'get it to work in zoneminder.

i have a couple of the tv-ip110 which worked fine using the setup prescribed, but I can't figure out how to get the tv-ip100 camera working.
nunu

Post by nunu »

see below
Last edited by nunu on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nunu

Post by nunu »

After troubles and tribulations, here's what I had to do to get my tvip100w-n wireless camera working. Using Zoneminder 1.24.2 with Debian Lenny.

1. First thing is first, memory settings are important, I have a P4 3.ghz machine with 2 gb of memory. I am running virtual box and install Debian Lenny, and dedicated 1gb of memory to this vm. I tried so many settings in /etc/sysctl.conf, then finally found a number that works well, which is kernel.shmmax = 256000000, I did not put in kernel.shmall in the sysctl.conf file. Previously, I had set kernel.shmmax to 128000000, which worked fine for the camera at resolution 320x240, but when I bumped it up to 640x480, it displayed a black screen or a blank screen. Make sure you restart your machine when making any memory changes.

2. Since this is a wireless camera, interference plays a great deal. I had the camera set outside the house where there was a lot more interference and the camera would stop responding after a while, I had to hard reset it. I also experience lots of camera crashes when tweaking the settings constantly, once you get settings that work for you, you should not need to tweak it much. Basically plan out your wireless channels configurations so that you get the least amount of interference with your neighbors Access Points. I brought the camera inside the house and is looking out of a window, and reconfigured my wireless channels (1,6 or 11) are the ones you should use, the wireless has been pretty flawless, getting a 70-80 percent strength signal on it. What also helped is using the tomato router firmware on my wt54g router, where I could increase the power of the antennae.

3. Here are my camera settings:
640x480
medium compression
auto frame rate
With these settings, I get a decent 5-12 fps

320x240
medium compression
auto frame rate
With these settings, I get a pretty solid 15-27 fps

4. The zoneminder camera settings were quite tricky, but I found something that eluded me for awhile. Here are the key settings below.

Source Tab/remote host path:/video/cgi
Buffers Tab/Image buffer size: 150
Buffers Tab/Warmup frames: 30
Buffers Tab/Stream image replay image buffer: 20000

One of these settings makes the viewing stable, and got rid of memory issue messages in the /var/log/messages. Not sure which one did the trick, and I might have these settings bloated, but I left these alone anyways, it may eat up memory, but at least it's stable, you can tweak these til you find a happy medium.

5. One last thing I did was to tweak the Options/Network setting in Zoneminder. I upped the http_timeout setting to 100000. Probably don't need a number that high, not exactly sure what it really does, but a setting to be experimented with. The combination of the source/buffers/options/network configurations have left my system very stable.

6. I also bought a airlink101 aic250w camera, and is basically the same camera as the tvip100w-n, but the image in lowlight is very fuzzy, but the cost was less than half ($69) of what the tvip100w-n was ($140). Configurations were the exact same, except the frame rate at 640x480 isn't as good as the tvip100w-n. Overall though, it is as stable as the tvip100w-n.
Last edited by nunu on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.