Airlink101 SkyIPCam 747W - Working

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

madmax00001 wrote:Knnniggett,
I tried the settings that you posted but perhaps I am suffering from newbieism and cannot find the controls for changing the settings for remote protocol or remote method. I looked through the camera settings as well as the options page. Do I need to go into terminal and try to muck with it there?
Perhaps I am missing a plugin..I thought I read somewhere that cambozola.jar is included in the zoneminder 1.23.3 package so I didn't specifically install it. I did install ffmpeg so that's not the issue.

Remote Protocol: HTTP
Remote Method: Simple

\Remote Host Name: {username}:{password}@{camera ip}
Remote Host Port: 80
Remote Host Path: /cgi/mjpg/mjpg.cgi
Remote Image colors: 24 bit
Capture Width: 640
Capture Height: 480

I also flashed the 500 firmware to the latest (B25) so the nonstandard mjpeg shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you very much for your help on this issue.
I think "Remote Method" in 1.24.2 is the same as "netcam regexps" in 1.23.3. Try setting that to "no", which I'm guessing is the same as "simple" in 1.24.2.

I think you can ignore the "Remote Protocol" setting because it doesn't look like you have a choice in 1.23.3 (it's already set internally to HTTP).

Perhaps most importantly, make sure your "Host Path" is set to "/cgi/mjpg/mjpg.cgi". You had originally stated you were using something different.

Hope that helps.
madmax00001

Post by madmax00001 »

Can I say "Duh" any louder? I figured out my problem which had to do with the installation of ZoneMinder and not with configuring the cameras. I bumped up the shared memory after seeing errors in the debug dumps and now all is well. I thank all of you for your patience and help on this apparently self-inflicted issue. I will chalk it up to newbieism.