Recommended Cards Don't work.....

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
danmilward

Recommended Cards Don't work.....

Post by danmilward »

...with Fedora 6!!!!!

We've bought a new video capture card from:
http://store.bluecherry.net/SearchResul ... 3&Click=51

We reinstalled the latest version of Fedora and the monitor when viewed flicks blue all the time.

Does anybody know if this will be resolved?
conor

Post by conor »

There are 11 different cards pointing to the page you have linked. Which one is it that you bought? Also have you specified the card number in the parameters of the module (in this case bttv) at kernel startup. Look thru bttv-card.c to find the card number for your particular card.

It's always an idea to prove that the card can work in something like xawtv before using it in zoneminder.

Conor
danmilward

Post by danmilward »

It was the PV149PA Multi-Port Surveillance Solution. I can check the exact name of it tomorrow when I'm back at my clients property.

If I don't have to reinstall again with ubuntu I would be the happiest person in the world.

If you could tell me more how to specify the card number in the parameters of the module (in this case bttv) at kernel startup and where to find the bttv-card.c to find the card number for your particular card then I would be very grateful.

Ciao,... Dan
Sika

Post by Sika »