Bttv not recognize all my cards.

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
aSoso

Bttv not recognize all my cards.

Post by aSoso »

Hello,

I bought 4 of that PV149P cards (4 bttv chips) I put them on a computer and automaticaly the computer recognizes an PV150A and PV150B but the others 2 cards become unrecognized.

Tryed to pass the kernel parametes (as modules with option) and as built-in modules. (kernel bttv.card=98,98,98,98)

Now I got one more card to work (recognized as PV150 alone) and the other card doens't become recognized as PV150, only as ProVideo PV951, and as that video card I only have one working channel (the number 0).

There is any way to force the last card to be recognized as PV150?
(I have tried the options as modules and the same result).

Pol
www.lapcra.org
Your boardgame shop.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

you will need to add enough card numbers to cover all your chips so if you have 4 chip cards then you will 16 card numbers
BE warned though not all cards play nicely when there put together, ie the 4400r will only accept upto 2 cards per machine
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk