What is THE 4-Chip 4Port Input card to buy?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Mark Ward

What is THE 4-Chip 4Port Input card to buy?

Post by Mark Ward »

Having considered a number of input cards and reading a lot of opinions on the forum I had kind of made up my mind on the Grand X 9-port, until I read
My card is an x-guard grandtec 9 camera and it only has one bt878 chip, hence with all cams I don't get a great frame rate.
in another thread.

I'm after best frame-rate potential, whether I use it or not is another matter, I just don't want the input card to be the performance bottle-neck.

I'm now wanting to buy 2 x 4 Port 4 Chip cards with good performance to aid frame rate. If it make a difference I think that some (up to 4) of my cameras may eventually be pan/zoom units. What specific card should I go for that can be delivered to the UK?

Do any of these e-bay stores sell quality products?

Many thanks,

Mark.
Mark Ward

Post by Mark Ward »

Couldn't wait any longer, desperate proceed with zm install so have decided to try the card card listed in this thread.

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4400.

Mark.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Sorry i did see your post but if your asking fo a card that will definetly work, is like asking what fuel should i use in my car. It depends plus if i said get a kodicom and you had a problem id feel it was my fault for recommending it!
Sorry. The card you have decided on i have read good things about so you should be good to go.
For future refernce if anyone want to know if a card is supported if it uses the bttv driver and the bttv driver lists your card then it should be, but check with bttv as its this that passes the images to zm
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I would like the Wiki hardware pages to start being the definitive resource for functional hardware as it's much easier for people to keep up to date. I have created a basic section for this so additions and amendments are welcome.
Phil
Mark Ward

Post by Mark Ward »

Sorry i did see your post but if your asking fo a card that will definetly work, is like asking what fuel should i use in my car. It depends plus if i said get a kodicom and you had a problem id feel it was my fault for recommending it!
No need to apologise, I was merely posting that I had taken a punt on the card, I'd seen that someone else had eventually had success with :)
I would like the Wiki hardware pages to start being the definitive resource for functional hardware as it's much easier for people to keep up to date. I have created a basic section for this so additions and amendments are welcome.
I hadn't appreciated that WIKI section was even there. I only just found out what a WIKI is! :oops:

I'll be sure to post my finding there too.

Thanks,

Mark.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I have just added the Wiki and _I_ have no idea what it is either :?
Phil
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

aparantly the wiki way is taking everything by storm. Its yet to hit me but im wondering if companies will start adding wiki to their name like they did with com and net!!
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk