capture 1 frame per minute in one event

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
geostein

Post by geostein »

Hello,
what i will do is, making a movie for one day with one picture per minute. I tried that with cron and streamwriter, but with that i have a collition with the zoneminder daemon (i got broken images, when there was a eevnt in zoneminder). Now i have set up a RECORD Camera and this camera generates one picture per minute, but always in a new event folder and with the same filename. What i need is a sequence of pictures with following numbers in one folder.

perhaps i can use the zoneminder capture daemoin with cron (i couldnt find anything about that in the forum or readme)

with regards
:(
Georg
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

use record and a section length of 86400 and set your fps to .02 should do you
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
geostein

Post by geostein »

thaks for the fast answer.
I checked this and it works, only the performance of my server is very bad when i start the job. It seems that the Event takes most of my cpu time. Is there no way to use zm manually with cron?

Georg
Georg J.P. Stein
ediaz

Post by ediaz »

But you can put a record mode at 1fps and take one image from the server.. (are simple jpg files)
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

the problem is as far as i can see is that you want to save in a single folder a jpeg a minute for a whole day, so you can make a timelapse movie i suppose. Yes this could be done in zm but you will need some sort of script as zm cannot do it it self. I assume as your using a lot of processor that this is either a mega resolution image or low spec hardware. The only thing i can think of is for me to knock you up a quick windows app that will do this as i dont know how to perl it nativly. Im sure someone else will here but if you need a windows app to grab images from the zm server nd save them locally i could so this but im off to get married and wont be online for about 3 weeks!
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I don't know why James' suggestion of a low frame rate and long section length should not work, though it is a new event every day. Failing that I would suggest using 'webcam' or other simpler application with cron etc. If that conflicts with ZM access to the video device then you could put in a v4l loopback device or perhaps simpler just put something like (not checked for syntax)

Code: Select all

1 * * * * wget 'http://<yourhost>/cgi-bin/zms?id=1&mode=jpeg'
in your cron to grab an image from ZM. You can name your image with the -o option of wget to a sequential number or just use 'date +"<format>"' to timestamp it. If it's on the same box you could use zmu directly instead of zms as well.
Phil