fc3 install help for noob

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
jameswilson

fc3 install help for noob

Post by jameswilson »

Hi all hope some guru can give me a hand
I am trying to install what i hope is going to be a wonderfull program and am testing it on an old pc before i commit to buying a new rig. I have installed fedora core 3 and have it running but i can get zone minder to install. I know its me i have only used linux once before. Im used to double clicking setup.
I have followed an excellent hand holding in the manual but when it askes for the ./configure i get loads of errors. I have installed fedo as a server all of mysql and all of apache. I know aoache is working and i have vnc working (will work on ssh next) but i dont know if mysql is and was wondering if this might be my problem.
Regards James
cordel

Post by cordel »

Hi James,
There are several alternatives as well as tring to work out.
With out knowing what the errors are I'll be assuming where you are having problems.
The ./configure --prefix=/usr/lib/zm --with-mysql=/usr --with-webdir=/var/www/html --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin --with-webuser=apache --with-webgroup=apache should get you going if that is your issue.

An alternative is to see this thread:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4225
The second post has the details to download and install the packages.
This method is at the moment only for Fedora Core 3 and will install all the packages required by ZM.

Or go to my website and download the compiled packages.
Regards,
Cordel
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

WOW thanks for the rapid reply will give that a go and let you know how i get on cheers!
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

right i gave up on the yuk yum whatever and used the live disk. This is the.way forward i am well impressed anyways i has some questions so will create new post. again i must say im impresed. its light to duron 750 and 15gig 600 meg .