New device for ZoneMinder

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
denim

New device for ZoneMinder

Post by denim »

The company I work for makes a device that works well for monitoring door/window sensors via Ethernet, even though that isn't what it's designed for - how would I go about adding support for this to ZoneMinder? We're also adding support for at least one indoor and one outdoor motion sensor to one of the devices, which might also be nice for ZM. Note: the 4-channel door/window sensor one is $209, the one we're adding support for motion sensors to is $245 and will be able to support 4 motion sensors and up to 8 switches. There's also a serial port device that would work for two switches for $89.

Is this something anyone would want? I'm planning on adding support regardless, since I'll be setting ZoneMinder up at home as soon as we finish moving in.

Company's site: http://sensatronics.com/

The devices are designed to measure temperature (which can be used as switch contact closure) or temp, humidity, and wetness (4 temp = 4 SCC, 4 humidity = 4 motion sensors, 4 wetness = 4 more SCC).

--Drew
oskin

Post by oskin »

For creation of alarms from external sensors it is possible to use zmu...
fernando

Post by fernando »

some open input sensor. will be great. i have made some very primitive program yo sens the parallel port.

i tink will be a great idea a deamon that sense a seteable input. thru external programs.. so that way you can use serial devices. parallel devices. ethernet devices. or watever.
there are some open proyects in electronics that read I/O states.
and that can send I/O states. like relays.
Fernando