1.37.47 Fresh Install Issues?

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
mtloya

1.37.47 Fresh Install Issues?

Post by mtloya »

Hi everyone,

I'm incredibly new to ZM (as well as linux in general, but open source NVR solutions that are Windows-based are basically nonexistent so tada, now I'm learning linux) and figured I'd give it a shot, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to get it up and running properly.

I installed via the repository and it pulled 1.37.47, and I followed the steps in the 'ZoneMinder 1.37.28 on Ubuntu Kinetic' video, but it seems I'm either missing something or messed something up. I will admit, I enabled authentication before changing my admin password which locked me out, so I had to start over and just uninstalled ZM (and tried my best to also uninstall MySQL, but I think that might be my issue - foreshadowing).

Anyway, I once again followed along with the video and have the console up so some things seem to be working, but I cannot add another user (I don't want to work in the default admin user account) - it gives me a " SQL-ERR '00000', statement was 'INSERT INTO `Users` (`Username`, `Name`, `Email`, `Phone`, `Password`, `Language`, `Enabled`, `Stream`, `Events`, `Control`, `Monitors`, `Groups`, `Devices`, `Snapshots`, `System`, `MaxBandwidth`, `TokenMinExpiry`, `APIEnabled`, `HomeView`) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)'"

error, as well as a

"SQL-ERR 'SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'Email' cannot be null', statement was 'INSERT INTO `Users` (`Username`, `Name`, `Email`, `Phone`, `Password`, `Language`, `Enabled`, `Stream`, `Events`, `Control`, `Monitors`, `Groups`, `Devices`, `Snapshots`, `System`, `MaxBandwidth`, `TokenMinExpiry`, `APIEnabled`, `HomeView`) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)' params:mloya,mloya,,,(redacted),,1,None,None,None,None,None,None,,None,,,1,console" error.

The only thing that I can imagine is happening is that it can't properly connect to the SQL server, which could be because I couldn't for the life of me get the password for the root user in order to drop the table when I was trying to uninstall it to start over.

I'm worried that I'm going to continue to run into issues once I start cameras, so I'd like to resolve these issues now.

Also, I'm worried about completely nuking my Ubuntu install because I just created a raid array via software, and I'm not sure if reimaging my boot drive would screw with that raid array and/or if I'd be able to restore the array without having to rebuild it upon the reimage. My hardware isn't anywhere near current gen (i7-4790) so it legitimately took 3/4 of a day to create the array, but I figured it would be decent enough to run an NVR box...

Any thoughts or tips would be sincerely appreciated. I just need something that works, I don't even care if it's the most up to date ver of ZM... Thanks in advance!
iconnor

Re: 1.37.47 Fresh Install Issues?

Post by iconnor »

Ill test and have it fixed by tomorrow.
mtloya

Re: 1.37.47 Fresh Install Issues?

Post by mtloya »

Thank you very much!!